Re: Dialog: Adding non X- headers

Bernd Rose

May 30, 2018, 4:49:42 PM5/30/18
On Wed, 30th May 2018 00:50:23 -0500, Sqwertz wrote:

> How do you add a Mail-Copies-To: header to Dialog without using a
> script?
>
> Pretty standard, old-time header. Dialog honors the header during
> replies, but doesn't seem to be able to insert it into posts.

I guess, you just overlooked it on the "All headers" page?

Bernd

Bernd Rose

May 31, 2018, 4:08:05 PM5/31/18
On Thu, 31st May 2018 11:49:23 -0500, Sqwertz wrote:

> I should have been more specific. I want to automatically add the
> header every time I post using a certain identity. There's a
> dropdown of non-X headers you can add to an identity, but
> list?

No. It is hard-coded. Even patching the string list in the *.exe
itself (or inserting an adjusted header definition in settings.ini)
wouldn't amount to anything, because the processing of those headers
is hard-coded, as well. - It does not loop through that string list
(or the header-assignments found inside settings.ini), but through
a fixed predefined name space.

Bernd

Tony Gamble

Jul 1, 2021, 5:31:25 PMJul 1