40 tude Dialog pop up window

Jim S

Oct 29, 2020, 6:21:26 AM10/29/20
This is my reader of choice, but I find it annoying that every time I mark
an article as 'resd' using SUBJECT plonk rule or just the PLONK rule, a
window pops up to confirm. I want to keep the rules, but lose the pop-up
window.
Is there a setting?
--
Jim S

Bernd Rose

Oct 29, 2020, 1:35:56 PM10/29/20
No setting, but you can create a script for each plonk version. Assign them
to keyboard shortcuts, and you can plonk away.

Program DoPlonk;
Begin
PostKey(79, false, true, false, false, false, false, false, false);
ADo('AddPlonkFilter');
End.
Program DoSubjPlonk;
Begin
PostKey(79, false, true, false, false, false, false, false, false);
ADo('AddSubjectPlonkFilter');
End.

First stuffing the keyboard buffer with Alt+o (to get the Scoring&Actions
window closed, later on) may seem counter-intuitive. But the scripts work
only this way round.

Default plonk actions can be defined in the settings.ini of 40tude Dialog:

[Scoring]
DefPlonk=!delete
DefSubjectPlonk=!ignore,markread

Create the [Scoring] section, if it doesn't exist.

Apart from all this: Marcus Mönnig showed the Scoring&Actions window on each
<plonk> on purpose. Users should be able to manually adjust these plonks.
It is better to double-check plonk filters to avoid accidentally adding
too broad conditions.

Moreover, plonk should not be used too freely. Huge lists slow Dialog down,
eventually. For filtering subjects, the "ignore thread" command is usually
sufficient. This is available directly via key <i> and the setting is stored
for each ignored subthread directly inside the database. Scoring&Actions
subject filters target recurring (new) threads containing identifiable text.
For this to work well, manually edited RegEx filter conditions are usually
required...

HTH.
Bernd

Jim S

Oct 29, 2020, 1:41:27 PM10/29/20
I think I might leave it or go back to Microplanet Gravity, which has a
much more comprehensive range of functions. The only real reason I don't
use it by default is that it doesn't display more than one server at a
time.
--
Jim S

Ammammata

Nov 2, 2020, 6:41:19 AM11/2/20
Il giorno Thu 29 Oct 2020 11:21:25a, *Jim S* ha inviato su
news.software.readers il messaggio
news:1nhy7uhblbxsd.ejj457dzjubh$.d...@40tude.net. Vediamo cosa ha scritto:

> Subject: 40 tude

centuries ago 40tude made a nice screensaver, camss, that was able to show
- as screensaver - up to 9 different webcams around the world, even custom
configured

have you got any news about it?

a quick search on google revealed just a bunch of crackz and a link:

https://ratloaf.com/01180/3-Girls.html or https://is.gd/rGWI4l

but the download button doesn't work, maybe because the link it's coded
(ROT-13) inside the HTML code

uggc://jjj.40ghqr.pbz/svyrf/40gp090.mvc

that's

http://www.40tude.com/files/40tc090.zip

If I try the unROTed link, it asks for username and password

Note: don't be afraid of Girls in the Url, the link is "safe" :)

--
/-\ /\/\ /\/\ /-\ /\/\ /\/\ /-\ T /-\
-=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- - -=-

Bernd Rose

Nov 2, 2020, 12:36:43 PM11/2/20
On Mo, 2nd Nov 2020 11:41:18 -0000 (UTC), Ammammata wrote:

[camss]
> http://www.40tude.com/files/40tc090.zip

This is probably the latest version:
http://web.archive.org/web/20010602223255/http://www.40tude.com/files/40tc100.zip

The program is limited shareware, though. And registration has been closed
for more than a decade, by now.

Bernd

Ammammata

Nov 3, 2020, 2:29:34 AM11/3/20
Il giorno Mon 02 Nov 2020 06:36:40p, *Bernd Rose* ha inviato su
news.software.readers il messaggio
news:1lw7rf5ay1imh$.d...@b.rose.tmpbox.news.arcor.de. Vediamo cosa ha
scritto:

> This is probably the latest version:
> http://web.archive.org/web/20010602223255/http://www.40tude.com/files/4
> 0tc100.zip

thank you Bernd, I'll give it a try on Windows 10, at home

Ammammata

Nov 19, 2020, 5:47:08 AM11/19/20
On Tuesday 03/11/2020 Ammammata wrote:
> thank you Bernd, I'll give it a try on Windows 10, at home

tested on Vista, it works fine
sadly most of the webcams aren't working any more, three left out of
50-more, I should add manually some ;)