Re: What is multikabel.net?

Message has been deleted

John F. Morse

Nov 19, 2012, 11:05:10 PM11/19/12
Sqwertz wrote:
> All my messages sent and retrieved from readnews.com (VIA
> blocknews.net) seem to be taking a awfully long route (and time) to
> get back to me. I posted and downloaded that message from the same
> NSP configured in my newsreader (eunews.blocknews.net)

> All of the posts from me have the same start and end points. I'll
> post this one through their US server and see if it's any different...
>
> -sw

It is the Dutch NSP where you read (downloaded) the article:

john@noc:~$ whois multikabel.net

Whois Server Version 2.0

Domain names in the .com and .net domains can now be registered
with many different competing registrars. Go to http://www.internic.net
for detailed information.

Domain Name: MULTIKABEL.NET
Registrar: DNC HOLDINGS, INC.
Whois Server: whois.directnic.com
Referral URL: http://www.directnic.com
Name Server: NS0.MULTIKABEL.NET
Name Server: NS1.MULTIKABEL.NL
Name Server: NS2.MULTIKABEL.NL
Updated Date: 06-mar-2012
Creation Date: 31-may-2002
Expiration Date: 31-may-2013

>>> Last update of whois database: Tue, 20 Nov 2012 03:11:05 UTC <<<

NOTICE: The expiration date displayed in this record is the date the
registrar's sponsorship of the domain name registration in the registry is
currently set to expire. This date does not necessarily reflect the
expiration
date of the domain name registrant's agreement with the sponsoring
registrar. Users may consult the sponsoring registrar's Whois database to
view the registrar's reported date of expiration for this registration.

TERMS OF USE: You are not authorized to access or query our Whois
database through the use of electronic processes that are high-volume and
automated except as reasonably necessary to register domain names or
modify existing registrations; the Data in VeriSign Global Registry
Services' ("VeriSign") Whois database is provided by VeriSign for
information purposes only, and to assist persons in obtaining information
about or related to a domain name registration record. VeriSign does not
guarantee its accuracy. By submitting a Whois query, you agree to abide
by the following terms of use: You agree that you may use this Data only
for lawful purposes and that under no circumstances will you use this Data
to: (1) allow, enable, or otherwise support the transmission of mass
unsolicited, commercial advertising or solicitations via e-mail, telephone,
or facsimile; or (2) enable high volume, automated, electronic processes
that apply to VeriSign (or its computer systems). The compilation,
repackaging, dissemination or other use of this Data is expressly
prohibited without the prior written consent of VeriSign. You agree not to
use electronic processes that are automated and high-volume to access or
query the Whois database except as reasonably necessary to register
domain names or modify existing registrations. VeriSign reserves the right
to restrict your access to the Whois database in its sole discretion to
ensure
operational stability. VeriSign may restrict or terminate your access
to the
Whois database for failure to abide by these terms of use. VeriSign
reserves the right to modify these terms at any time.

The Registry database contains ONLY .COM, .NET, .EDU domains and
Registrars.Registration and WHOIS Service provided by Directnic.com

DNC Holdings, Inc. provides the data in the directNIC.com Registrar WHOIS
database for informational purposes only. The information may only be
used to assist in obtaining information about a domain name's registration
record. The use of this data for any other purpose without prior written
consent by DNC Holdings, Inc. is expressly forbidden.

By submitting a WHOIS query, you agree to all the terms and limitations
herein and that you will use this data only for lawful purposes. You also
agree that under no circumstances will you use this data to:
(a) allow, enable, or otherwise support the transmission by email,
telephone, or facsimile of mass, unsolicited, commercial advertising or
solicitations, including, but not limited to, spam, to entities other than
the data recipient's own existing customers;
(b) enable high volume, automated, electronic processes that send queries
or data to the systems of any Registry Operator or ICANN-accredited
registrar or
(c) enable any automated or robotic processes to collect or compile data
for any purpose, including data mining.

DNC Holdings makes this information available "as is", and provides no
guarantee
or warranty as to its accuracy.

Registrant:
N.V. Multikabel
Postbus 9422
Alkmaar, NH 1800 GK
NL
0800 5005
Fax:(+31)72 5143207

Domain Name: MULTIKABEL.NET

Administrative Contact:
Businessdesk, Multikabel orderc...@office.ziggo.nl
Postbus 9422
Alkmaar, NH 1800 GK
NL
0800 5005
Fax:(+31)72 5143207

Technical Contact:
Businessdesk, Multikabel orderc...@office.ziggo.nl
Postbus 9422
Alkmaar, NH 1800 GK
NL
0800 5005
Fax:(+31)72 5143207

Record last updated 07-13-2009 03:13:38 AM
Record expires on 05-31-2013
Record created on 05-31-2002

Domain servers in listed order:
NS1.MULTIKABEL.NL 80.242.224.2
NS2.MULTIKABEL.NL 80.242.224.6
NS0.MULTIKABEL.NET 213.206.89.181

The compilation, repackaging, dissemination, or other use of this WHOIS
data is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of
DNC Holdings, Inc.

DNC Holdings reserves the right to terminate your access to its WHOIS
database in its sole discretion, including without limitation, for
excessive querying of the database or for failure to otherwise abide by
this policy.

DNC Holdings reserves the right to modify these terms at any time.

NOTE: THE WHOIS DATABASE IS A CONTACT DATABASE ONLY.
LACK OF A DOMAIN RECORD DOES NOT SIGNIFY DOMAIN AVAILABILITY.
john@noc:~$

You posted the article at readnews.com:

john@noc:~$ whois readnews.com

Whois Server Version 2.0

Domain names in the .com and .net domains can now be registered
with many different competing registrars. Go to http://www.internic.net
for detailed information.

Domain Name: READNEWS.COM
Registrar: TIERRANET INC. D/B/A DOMAINDISCOVER
Whois Server: whois.domaindiscover.com
Referral URL: http://www.domaindiscover.com
Name Server: UDNS1.ULTRADNS.NET
Name Server: UDNS2.ULTRADNS.NET
Updated Date: 17-feb-2011
Creation Date: 04-apr-2001
Expiration Date: 04-apr-2020

>>> Last update of whois database: Tue, 20 Nov 2012 03:13:21 UTC <<<

NOTICE: The expiration date displayed in this record is the date the
registrar's sponsorship of the domain name registration in the registry is
currently set to expire. This date does not necessarily reflect the
expiration
date of the domain name registrant's agreement with the sponsoring
registrar. Users may consult the sponsoring registrar's Whois database to
view the registrar's reported date of expiration for this registration.

TERMS OF USE: You are not authorized to access or query our Whois
database through the use of electronic processes that are high-volume and
automated except as reasonably necessary to register domain names or
modify existing registrations; the Data in VeriSign Global Registry
Services' ("VeriSign") Whois database is provided by VeriSign for
information purposes only, and to assist persons in obtaining information
about or related to a domain name registration record. VeriSign does not
guarantee its accuracy. By submitting a Whois query, you agree to abide
by the following terms of use: You agree that you may use this Data only
for lawful purposes and that under no circumstances will you use this Data
to: (1) allow, enable, or otherwise support the transmission of mass
unsolicited, commercial advertising or solicitations via e-mail, telephone,
or facsimile; or (2) enable high volume, automated, electronic processes
that apply to VeriSign (or its computer systems). The compilation,
repackaging, dissemination or other use of this Data is expressly
prohibited without the prior written consent of VeriSign. You agree not to
use electronic processes that are automated and high-volume to access or
query the Whois database except as reasonably necessary to register
domain names or modify existing registrations. VeriSign reserves the right
to restrict your access to the Whois database in its sole discretion to
ensure
operational stability. VeriSign may restrict or terminate your access
to the
Whois database for failure to abide by these terms of use. VeriSign
reserves the right to modify these terms at any time.

The Registry database contains ONLY .COM, .NET, .EDU domains and
Registrars.
This WHOIS database is provided for information purposes only. We do
not guarantee the accuracy of this data. The following uses of this
system are expressly prohibited: (1) use of this system for unlawful
purposes; (2) use of this system to collect information used in the
mass transmission of unsolicited commercial messages in any medium;
(3) use of high volume, automated, electronic processes against this
database. By submitting this query, you agree to abide by this
policy.

Registrant:
MFC, LLC
34 E. Germantown Pike #182
Norristown, PA 19401
US

Domain Name: READNEWS.COM

Administrative Contact, Technical Contact, Zone Contact:
MFC, LLC
Avi Freedman
34 E. Germantown Pike #182
Norristown, PA 19401
US
(888)275-6137
veri...@freedman.net

Domain created on 04-Apr-2001
Domain expires on 04-Apr-2020
Last updated on 17-Feb-2011

Domain servers in listed order:

UDNS1.ULTRADNS.NET
UDNS2.ULTRADNS.NET

Domain registration and hosting powered by DomainDiscover
As low as $9/year, including FREE: responsive toll-free support,
URL/frame/email forwarding, easy management system, and full featured DNS.

john@noc:~$

The above also agrees with the NNTP-Posting-Host used for your inquiry
message to which I am replying. The Path for that message is quite
different, showing only the servers at readnews.com, glorb,com (in
Columbus, Ohio), and my string of servers:

From: Sqwertz <swe...@cluemail.compost>
Subject: What is multikabel.net?
Newsgroups: news.software.readers
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 16:19:05 -0600

As for blocknews.net, they are probably an NSP reseller which uses
readnews.com for their feed. Or that could simply be an e-mail address
and domain that readnews owns or uses for some of their e-mail.

john@noc:~$ whois blocknews.net

Whois Server Version 2.0

Domain names in the .com and .net domains can now be registered
with many different competing registrars. Go to http://www.internic.net
for detailed information.

Domain Name: BLOCKNEWS.NET
Registrar: GODADDY.COM, LLC
Whois Server: whois.godaddy.com
Referral URL: http://registrar.godaddy.com
Name Server: NS5.DNSMADEEASY.COM
Name Server: NS6.DNSMADEEASY.COM
Name Server: NS7.DNSMADEEASY.COM
Name Server: NS9869.RAPIDVPS.NET
Name Server: NS9874.RAPIDVPS.NET
Updated Date: 26-mar-2012
Creation Date: 31-mar-2007
Expiration Date: 31-mar-2014

>>> Last update of whois database: Tue, 20 Nov 2012 03:17:56 UTC <<<

NOTICE: The expiration date displayed in this record is the date the
registrar's sponsorship of the domain name registration in the registry is
currently set to expire. This date does not necessarily reflect the
expiration
date of the domain name registrant's agreement with the sponsoring
registrar. Users may consult the sponsoring registrar's Whois database to
view the registrar's reported date of expiration for this registration.

TERMS OF USE: You are not authorized to access or query our Whois
database through the use of electronic processes that are high-volume and
automated except as reasonably necessary to register domain names or
modify existing registrations; the Data in VeriSign Global Registry
Services' ("VeriSign") Whois database is provided by VeriSign for
information purposes only, and to assist persons in obtaining information
about or related to a domain name registration record. VeriSign does not
guarantee its accuracy. By submitting a Whois query, you agree to abide
by the following terms of use: You agree that you may use this Data only
for lawful purposes and that under no circumstances will you use this Data
to: (1) allow, enable, or otherwise support the transmission of mass
unsolicited, commercial advertising or solicitations via e-mail, telephone,
or facsimile; or (2) enable high volume, automated, electronic processes
that apply to VeriSign (or its computer systems). The compilation,
repackaging, dissemination or other use of this Data is expressly
prohibited without the prior written consent of VeriSign. You agree not to
use electronic processes that are automated and high-volume to access or
query the Whois database except as reasonably necessary to register
domain names or modify existing registrations. VeriSign reserves the right
to restrict your access to the Whois database in its sole discretion to
ensure
operational stability. VeriSign may restrict or terminate your access
to the
Whois database for failure to abide by these terms of use. VeriSign
reserves the right to modify these terms at any time.

The Registry database contains ONLY .COM, .NET, .EDU domains and
Registrars.The data contained in GoDaddy.com, LLC's WhoIs database,
while believed by the company to be reliable, is provided "as is"
with no guarantee or warranties regarding its accuracy. This
information is provided for the sole purpose of assisting you
in obtaining information about domain name registration records.
Any use of this data for any other purpose is expressly forbidden
without the prior written
permission of GoDaddy.com, LLC. By submitting an inquiry,
you agree to these terms of usage and limitations of warranty. In
particular,
you agree not to use this data to allow, enable, or otherwise make possible,
dissemination or collection of this data, in part or in its entirety,
for any
purpose, such as the transmission of unsolicited advertising and
and solicitations of any kind, including spam. You further agree
not to use this data to enable high volume, automated or robotic electronic
processes designed to collect or compile this data for any purpose,
including mining this data for your own personal or commercial purposes.

Please note: the registrant of the domain name is specified
in the "registrant" field. In most cases, GoDaddy.com, LLC
is not the registrant of domain names listed in this database.

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, LLC (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: BLOCKNEWS.NET
Created on: 31-Mar-07
Expires on: 31-Mar-14
Last Updated on: 26-Mar-12

Registrant:
BlockNews
PO Box 824
Alfred, Maine 04002
United States

Administrative Contact:
Master, Web dom...@blocknews.net
BlockNews
PO Box 824
Alfred, Maine 04002
United States
+1.2076365144

Technical Contact:
Master, Web dom...@blocknews.net
BlockNews
PO Box 824
Alfred, Maine 04002
United States
+1.2076365144

Domain servers in listed order:
NS9869.RAPIDVPS.NET
NS9874.RAPIDVPS.NET
NS5.DNSMADEEASY.COM
NS6.DNSMADEEASY.COM
NS7.DNSMADEEASY.COM

john@noc:~$

You might learn more about blocknews.net and readnews.com if you ran a
traceroute (tracert), or maybe even a ping, and examined the discovered
IPs. This usually gets you a more reliable location than the
registration data found in the whois.

HTH.

Now, since I assisted, .... ;-)

Back in the late 1940s, my grandmother could make the best peach cobbler
I've ever tasted. I cannot find anyone who can provide a recipe, and
despite a string of girl friends who tried in the 1990s, none could
"satisfy" me. :-\

Here's what I remember:

We had a peach tree in our backyard. It was an Elberta Freestone peach
tree. No slick cling peaches will do! <yuck>

Grandma would (probably peel, maybe following blanching) cook the sliced
peaches on the stove for some unknown period of time. Maybe they had
sugar added, possibly a little cinnamon, and perhaps other "secret"
ingredients. At three to five, I didn't pay much attention to the details.

While they were on the stove, she made dough from scratch, rolling it
out to the thickness of pie dough. She would place a layer in a glass
baking dish, possibly after rubbing the glass bottom and sides with
butter of maybe lard so the dough wouldn't stick (this was ten years
before "Pam" was invented). Then she trimmed it off around the edges
with a knife.

She then would fill the dish half-full with peaches from the stove.

Then she repeated the rolling process and added another layer of dough
for a center crust, also trimming it around the edge of the glass dish.

I do not know if there was any other step involved, like butter, sugar,
poking holes, etc. in this middle crust, nor if she slid it into the
oven for a few minutes to slightly brown it.

Anyway, another layer of peaches followed (the remainder), then another
layer of rolled dough was added to the top. It was "pinched" around the
edge of the dish, like you would do for a pie.

This top layer of dough had butter brushed onto it, maybe some sugar
sprinkled, and the top was poked with a fork in several places.

Then it went into the oven for an unknown time, and at an unknown
temperature.

Some of my friends say this is not a cobbler but a three-layer pie. I
can't swallow that because it would be more like a two-layer pie.

It seems modern cobbler makers nowadays like to drop little balls of
dough into a pan of peaches, and make what I'd call "peach dumplings."
Tastes pretty good, but it certainly ain't grandmas! :-(

They also wonder if the dough used for the middle layer was raw. I don't
know, but the whole cobbler was cooked in the oven, so I never wound up
with "worms"! ;-)

That layer gave it the taste like cobbler dumplings, saturated with the
wonderful tasting Elberta Freestone peach juice.

Any idea(s) on all of the "unknowns" so I can attempt to make one? I
promise to post a picture in the food newsgroup, and even serve you a
bowl if you can get to Kansas City!

Can't ship it though. Too many FedEx and UPS workers between us, making
"shrinkage" a big problem!

Feel free to copy the cobbler portion of this message and post it in
a.b.f if you think someone there would be able to help.

--
John

When a person has -- whether they knew it or not -- already
rejected the Truth, by what means do they discern a lie?

tlvp

Nov 20, 2012, 1:43:33 AM11/20/12
On Mon, 19 Nov 2012 22:05:10 -0600, John F. Morse wrote:

> ... Now, since I assisted, .... ;-)
That third layer of pastry dough (between first and second layers of
peaches) is pretty unique. Did it come out as fully-baked seeming as the
upper and lower crusts? Or did it have a more Graham-cracker-y texture?
Or did it perhaps seem to be less baked and more raw than the outer crusts?
Or could it, maybe, have been pre-baked before being inserted over the
bottom layer of peaches?

I must say, I've never in my life been witness to a pie with three pastry
layers encasing two fruit layers, let alone been so privileged as to have
been allowed to partake of one :-) . AaMoF, in my limited culinary
experience, "cobbler" has always been synonymous with "brown Betty" and
more resembled a fruit pudding baked in a large rectangular deep baking
dish, with a pastry layer at the bottom, a single, thick, fruit layer in
the middle, and a sort of "crumb pie" pastry layer over the top, served
into individual serving bowls by spooning out large ladlefuls. Not at all
what you understand by "cobbler", I guess :-) .

Good luck digging up a proper recipe for it! And do let your n.s.r. friends
in on the secret once you learn what it is :-) . Cheers, and TIA, -- tlvp

Robert Miles

Nov 20, 2012, 2:06:32 AM11/20/12
to mPiOsUcB...@att.net
On Tuesday, November 20, 2012 12:43:34 AM UTC-6, tlvp wrote:
> On Mon, 19 Nov 2012 22:05:10 -0600, John F. Morse wrote:
[snip]

You might try asking about the peach cobbler in newsgroup rec.food.cooking.

John F. Morse

Nov 20, 2012, 1:01:22 PM11/20/12
Ah, a rarity!

Intelligent wisdom from a Gaggle Grooper.

Mighty fine -- keep up the good work.

John F. Morse

Nov 20, 2012, 1:46:04 PM11/20/12
tlvp wrote:

> That third layer of pastry dough (between first and second layers of
> peaches) is pretty unique. Did it come out as fully-baked seeming as the
> upper and lower crusts? Or did it have a more Graham-cracker-y texture?
> Or did it perhaps seem to be less baked and more raw than the outer crusts?
> Or could it, maybe, have been pre-baked before being inserted over the
> bottom layer of peaches?

It was more like the bottom crust than the browned top crust. Perhaps
"less baked" is the best description, but I certainly wouldn't call it
"raw."

After all, it was "baked" with the rest of the cobbler in the oven. Kind
of like a loaf of bread, or cinnamon rolls are "baked" (or cooked) clear
through. Certainly not "raw."

Perhaps a similar texture that dumplings have, but of course thinner.

> I must say, I've never in my life been witness to a pie with three pastry
> layers encasing two fruit layers, let alone been so privileged as to have
> been allowed to partake of one :-) . AaMoF, in my limited culinary
> experience, "cobbler" has always been synonymous with "brown Betty" and
> more resembled a fruit pudding baked in a large rectangular deep baking
> dish, with a pastry layer at the bottom, a single, thick, fruit layer in
> the middle, and a sort of "crumb pie" pastry layer over the top, served
> into individual serving bowls by spooning out large ladlefuls. Not at all
> what you understand by "cobbler", I guess :-) .

My grandmother, grandfather, and my mother all called it "peach cobbler."

Who knows what today's "English" bastardization has renamed it.

Compare to rap "music," happiness as "gay," and "app" instead of program.

It was shoveled out of the baking dish with a utensil like a ladle
instead of a pie spatula. However it was not real "soupy" but more like
thick oatmeal, chili, etc., but usually eaten from a bowl, maybe with
ice cream on top.

(Hear all of that noise? That is people heading off to their kitchen!) 8-)

> Good luck digging up a proper recipe for it! And do let your n.s.r. friends
> in on the secret once you learn what it is :-) . Cheers, and TIA, -- tlvp

Only if they help. ;-)

It may be a family secret, and I might want to open up a world-class
bakery shop or restaurant. Then I'll adverti$e. ;-)

On a side note, I'm close to running out of those round tea bags from
Poland that you sent me. Perhaps I can find them somewhere in the middle
of America?

tlvp

Nov 20, 2012, 6:42:14 PM11/20/12
On Tue, 20 Nov 2012 12:46:04 -0600, John F. Morse wrote:

> ... On a side note, I'm close to running out of those round tea bags from
> Poland that you sent me. Perhaps I can find them somewhere in the middle
> of America?

Have a look at http://www.mokate.eu/nasze-marki,loyd-tea,19.html

(if necessary, click for English in the drop-down list of languages at the
Upper RH corner of the page).

Or try googling thus: [ Loyd Earl Grey tea -Lloyd -twining ] -- only 27,000
hits, early amongst which I spotted this promising one,

: http://foodfightacademy.com/www/Coffee_Tea.html

that includes mention of an 80-bag box of Loyd Earl Grey for $5.- or so.
That's a stiff mark-up -- and I don't know where ... scratch that, they're
here (some sort of Chicago/Evanston suburb, I think):

: http://foodfightacademy.com/www/About_Us/index.html

-- probably a generalized Chicago Polish import deli.

But I still have some left from the last trip -- want a bunch?

Robert Miles

Nov 21, 2012, 2:35:10 AM11/21/12
On Tuesday, November 20, 2012 12:01:22 PM UTC-6, John F. Morse wrote:
> Robert Miles wrote:
>
> > On Tuesday, November 20, 2012 12:43:34 AM UTC-6, tlvp wrote:
>

> >> On Mon, 19 Nov 2012 22:05:10 -0600, John F. Morse wrote:
>

> > [snip]
>

> > You might try asking about the peach cobbler in newsgroup rec.food.cooking.
>

> Ah, a rarity!
>

> Intelligent wisdom from a Gaggle Grooper.
>

> Mighty fine -- keep up the good work.

PARTLY on Gaggle Grooper, mainly to report spam posted there. But there's been
so little posted there in the last day or two that I'm hoping that they have started using NoCeM and bleachbot, as I suggested. If so, I'll have only spam from March and before to report.
Message has been deleted