[flnews] for your inspiration: post-processor script

Michael Uplawski

Mar 18, 2023, 3:07:47 AM3/18/23
Good morning.

For some weeks unfit for work, I have written a post-processor script
which can be used with the flnews news client.

If you know, what this is about, you will avoid electric loppers and go
straight to <https://www.uplawski.eu/div/flnews>. There are two files:
*) The script itself – flnews-post-proc
*) The necessary configuration file – flnews-post-proc.conf

Otherwise, you may have used the flnews client and lament the absence of
– however unessential – features:

*) Custom-headers
*) ... among them and until publication of an update : X-No-Archive
*) Choosing signatures per newsgroup, hierarchy or other setting
*) Adapting introductory lines with respect to language or newsgroup

My idea is to show you, how I did it and – apart from that – to praise
Michael Bäuerle's decision to dedicate his effort on the core features
of a news-client.

Slogan: You do not need a post-processor script. But if you want to,
then use what suites you. The all-time, best-ever solution to
everything: roll your own.
--
Es ist an der Zeit

Michael Uplawski

Mar 18, 2023, 4:14:26 AM3/18/23
Good morning.

For some weeks unfit for work, I have written a post-processor script
which can be used with the flnews news client.

If you know, what this is about, you will avoid electric loppers and go
straight to <https://www.uplawski.eu/div/flnews>. There are two files:
*) The script itself – flnews-post-proc
*) The necessary configuration file – flnews-post-proc.conf

Otherwise, you may have used the flnews client and lament the absence of
– however unessential – features:

*) Custom-headers
*) ... among them and until publication of an update : X-No-Archive
*) Choosing signatures per newsgroup, hierarchy or other setting
*) Adapting introductory lines with respect to language or newsgroup

My idea is to show you, how I did it and – apart from that – to praise
Michael Bäuerle's decision to concentrate his effort on the core features
of a news-client.

Slogan: You do not need a post-processor script. But if you want to,
then use what suites you. The all-time, best-ever solution to
everything: roll your own.
--
"Whatever you do, try to have a reason to do it"
(Forrest Gump / Winston Groom)