Binary news group

hurst

Jul 21, 2022, 11:08:30 AM7/21/22
is there any settings that you have to use for setting up a binary
news group and to allow binary postings?

yamo'

Jul 21, 2022, 3:06:04 PM7/21/22

hurst a tapoté le 21/07/2022 17:08:
> is there any settings that you have to use for setting up a binary
> news group and to allow binary postings?

The settings for binaries are in cleanfeed (or pyclean), there may be a
limitation on the size accepted :

maxartsize and localmaxartsize in : inn.conf and maybe in storage.conf

<http://www.mixmin.net/cleanfeed/regex.html>
<https://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/software/inn/docs-2.6/inn.conf.html>
<https://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/software/inn/docs-2.6/storage.conf.html>

--
Stéphane

😉 Good Guy 😉

Jul 21, 2022, 5:47:00 PM7/21/22
On 21/07/2022 16:08, hurst wrote:
is there any settings that you have to use for setting up a binary
 news group and to allow binary postings?
Just remove Cleanfeed so that people can post useful info, including binary files such as images for dummies and html posts to assist people with sight problems especially old people. Old people can't read small fonts but they can read my posts that are written in text with a tinge of some hyper added to spice it up!

Mafia supported Mussolini servers and neo-nazi servers operated by people from banana republic have destroyed these newsgroups by filtering and censoring posts that they don't like. They should be stopped from vandalising our free platform.

Arrest
Dictator Putin

We Stand
With Ukraine

Stop Putin
Ukraine Under Attack

--
Similar to Windows 11 Home edition, Windows 11 Pro edition now requires internet connectivity during the initial device setup (OOBE) only. If you choose to setup device for personal use, MSA will be required for setup as well. You can expect Microsoft Account to be required in subsequent WIP flights.

Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning

Grant Taylor

Jul 21, 2022, 7:16:05 PM7/21/22
On 7/21/22 9:08 AM, hurst wrote:
> is there any settings that you have to use for setting up a binary
> news group and to allow binary postings?

Seeing as how ""binary messages are really binary files encoded as text,
news servers just see text messages that are of unusually large size.

As such, INN, and most NNTP / Usenet servers, can handle ""binary
messages on a technical level.

Many newsmasters choose to not handle ""binary messages and take
measures to prevent them from passing into / through their servers.
These measures can include:

- not carrying groups notorious for binary content; e.g. groups with
some permutation of "bin" / "binary" / "binari" / etc in their name.
- limiting the size of messages that they will accept with 64 / 128 /
256 kB being common limits
- configuring filters to detect binary encoding and reject messages

There are a number of settings that can be twiddled to account for these
and other similar restrictions.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die

hurst

Jul 22, 2022, 2:10:56 AM7/22/22
I've got no peers or outside feeds just me on my own little slice of the
usenet ocean.