FAQ suggestions

Nigel Reed

Jan 22, 2024, 1:41:59 PMJan 22
More links to the FAQ from other pages, such as
https://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/software/inn/docs/
to make it easier to find.

Maybe add "How to remove a peer". The reason I mention this is that I
found two files in spool/indeed

news@www:~/spool/innfeed$ ls -lh alphanet.ch.*
-rw-rw-r-- 1 news news 1.2M Sep 23 00:01 alphanet.ch.input
-rw-rw-r-- 1 news news 187M Nov 8 20:25 alphanet.ch.output

I assume that these can be deleted without any issues but if that was
in a faq, I wouldn't need to check :)

--
End Of The Line BBS - Plano, TX
telnet endofthelinebbs.com 23

Russ Allbery

Jan 22, 2024, 1:58:28 PMJan 22
Nigel Reed <sy...@endofthelinebbs.com> writes:

> Maybe add "How to remove a peer". The reason I mention this is that I
> found two files in spool/indeed

> news@www:~/spool/innfeed$ ls -lh alphanet.ch.*
> -rw-rw-r-- 1 news news 1.2M Sep 23 00:01 alphanet.ch.input
> -rw-rw-r-- 1 news news 187M Nov 8 20:25 alphanet.ch.output

> I assume that these can be deleted without any issues but if that was
> in a faq, I wouldn't need to check :)

It is correct that you can just delete those files. They are the backlog
for that peer (the articles you've tried to send them but that haven't
gone through).

--
Russ Allbery (ea...@eyrie.org) <https://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>

Please post questions rather than mailing me directly.
<https://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/faqs/questions.html> explains why.

yamo'

Jan 23, 2024, 4:47:41 AMJan 23
Russ Allbery a tapoté :

> It is correct that you can just delete those files. They are the backlog
> for that peer (the articles you've tried to send them but that haven't
> gone through).

Thanks!

I have also a lot of old files in :

/var/spool/news/incoming/tmp

--
Stéphane

Nigel Reed

Jan 23, 2024, 1:38:57 PMJan 23
Interesting. I didn't see Russ's reply come through but I got your
follow up. Must investigate.

Nigel Reed

Jan 23, 2024, 2:33:19 PMJan 23
On Tue, 23 Jan 2024 12:38:55 -0600
Nigel Reed <sy...@endofthelinebbs.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 23 Jan 2024 10:47:36 +0100
> yamo' <ya...@beurdin.invalid> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > Russ Allbery a tapoté :
> > >
> > > It is correct that you can just delete those files. They are the
> > > backlog for that peer (the articles you've tried to send them but
> > > that haven't gone through).
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > I have also a lot of old files in :
> >
> > /var/spool/news/incoming/tmp
> >

> Interesting. I didn't see Russ's reply come through but I got your
> follow up. Must investigate.

I found a whole bunch of Russ's posts in the emp.phr log for some
reason. I see that news.software.nntp is in the cleanfeed flood groups
so I removed that. I wonder how many other articles I've lost :/