NoCeM proxy

Marc SCHAEFER

Jul 25, 2022, 5:41:40 AM7/25/22
Hello,

NoCeM messages allow individual users, with their news agent, to hide
some messages. However, not many user agents support NoCeM (I know just
of GNUS).

So, it seems that newsmasters have started to apply some NoCeM on their
server, transforming the `hide' into `cancels'. It's already better than
global cancels (cyberspam) which are not signed, but it would be better
if there was some user freedom.

As I think that this decision must be done by the end-user, I have
implemented a test proxy which hides messages from users based on a web
GUI config of their selected NoCeM they want to apply. There is a third
software which imports the NoCeM when the GPG signature is correct.

When users select NOT to hide NoCeM, an additional header X-NoCeM is
provided to do high level filtering in the user agent.

It is still experimental (I have a dozen of users which are using it
currently, with half of them having specific NoCeM configuration), with
an INN2 backend.

There are also additional NNTP commands so that the proxy can behave
intelligently with multi-user web interfaces, such as
https://nnrp.alphanet.ch/

The source code is here:
https://ds.alphanet.ch/gitolite3/mojo-devel/nntp/

With my best greetings.

LaLibreParole

Aug 29, 2022, 4:31:46 PM8/29/22
Marc SCHAEFER <scha...@alphanet.ch> composa la prose suivante:

>There are also additional NNTP commands so that the proxy can behave
>intelligently with multi-user web interfaces, such as
>https://nnrp.alphanet.ch/

Beware of the Alphanet server: it behaves like a rogue server.
Thousands of abusive cancels have been coming out of its server
since last year, censoring French-speaking newsgroups.

Marc SCHAEFER

Aug 30, 2022, 4:11:21 AM8/30/22
[ completely off-topic post, sorry for the noise induced by La Libre
Parole; for more information on what La Libre Parole is, follow this
link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Libre_Parole ]

LaLibreParole <vrai.o...@laposte.net> wrote:
> Beware of the Alphanet server: it behaves like a rogue server.

Interesting, that this accusation comes from a known rogue canceller,
who was banned from the proxad/free USENET service one year ago, for
example.

> Thousands of abusive cancels have been coming out of its server
> since last year, censoring French-speaking newsgroups.

Yes, those cancels follow the cyberspam convention, and are emitted by
the fr hierarchy consensus bot miakibot, which is operated according to
the fr hierarchy FAQ and procedures.

I am the newsmaster of the ALPHANET news server, which provides USENET
news since 1987 to the community. I do not operate the miakibot myself
but allowed the miakibot to connect to my server because it applies
the fr hierarchy consensus decisions.

La Libre Parole seems to have targed with hate multiple newsmasters and
the manager of the miakibot in the last years.

Sorry for this.

PS: so far and to my knowledge, La Libre Parole has not been targeted at
all by the miakibot, since he/she knows how to walk a very thin
line and has multiple "identities".

Marc SCHAEFER

Aug 30, 2022, 4:19:23 AM8/30/22
[ completely off-topic post, sorry for the noise induced by La Libre
Parole; for more information on what La Libre Parole is, follow this
link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Libre_Parole ]

LaLibreParole <vrai.o...@laposte.net> wrote:
> Beware of the Alphanet server: it behaves like a rogue server.

Interesting, that this accusation comes from a known rogue canceller,
who was banned from the proxad/free USENET service one year ago, for
example.

> Thousands of abusive cancels have been coming out of its server
> since last year, censoring French-speaking newsgroups.

Yes, those cancels follow the cyberspam convention, and are emitted by
the fr hierarchy consensus bot miakibot, which is operated according to
the fr hierarchy FAQ and procedures.

I am the newsmaster of the ALPHANET news server, which provides USENET
news since 1987 to the community. I do not operate the miakibot myself
but allowed the miakibot to connect to my server because it applies
the fr hierarchy consensus decisions.

La Libre Parole seems to have targetted with hate multiple newsmasters
and the manager of the miakibot in the last years, and also a few
contributors.

pehache

Aug 30, 2022, 4:45:20 AM8/30/22
I can confirm that

--
"...sois ouvert aux idées des autres pour peu qu'elles aillent dans le
même sens que les tiennes.", ST sur fr.bio.medecine

pehache

Aug 30, 2022, 4:49:53 AM8/30/22
Le 30/08/2022 à 10:19, Marc SCHAEFER a écrit :

> LaLibreParole <vrai.o...@laposte.net> wrote:
>> Beware of the Alphanet server: it behaves like a rogue server.
>
> Interesting, that this accusation comes from a known rogue canceller,
> who was banned from the proxad/free USENET service one year ago, for
> example.

That's a lie

>> Thousands of abusive cancels have been coming out of its server
>> since last year, censoring French-speaking newsgroups.
>
> Yes, those cancels follow the cyberspam convention, and are emitted by
> the fr hierarchy consensus bot miakibot, which is operated according to
> the fr hierarchy FAQ and procedures.

That's another lie. NO consensus has been obtained for many of the
cancels issued by miakibot (more precisely for the ones issues by the
variants miakibot2 and miakibot3)

> I am the newsmaster of the ALPHANET news server, which provides USENET
> news since 1987 to the community. I do not operate the miakibot myself
> but allowed the miakibot to connect to my server because it applies
> the fr hierarchy consensus decisions.

Same lie as above.

> La Libre Parole seems to have targetted with hate multiple newsmasters
> and the manager of the miakibot in the last years, and also a few
> contributors.

LaLibreParole is targetting people who are emitting rogue cancels, and I
support that.