[nn] add port number to NNTPSERVER

dale

Dec 18, 2016, 12:44:31 AM12/18/16
how do I add TLS port 563 to nn?

I get an error when I put it at then end of the NNTPSERVER environment
variable (will check back with exact message)

I am using the Debian distribution, which has the latest nn according to
the nn page

does nn even support TLS?

does the debian default have TLS flagged in?

--
dale | http://www.dalekelly.org

Nick B.

Dec 18, 2016, 6:55:21 PM12/18/16
On 2016-12-18, dale <da...@dalekelly.org> wrote:
> how do I add TLS port 563 to nn?
>
> I get an error when I put it at then end of the NNTPSERVER environment
> variable (will check back with exact message)
>
> I am using the Debian distribution, which has the latest nn according to
> the nn page
>
> does nn even support TLS?
>
> does the debian default have TLS flagged in?

I'm not familiar with nn but the workaround I've adopted with tin and
trn is to run stunnel (or socat) on my machine.

--
Nick B.