nn configuration

Dale

Jul 16, 2016, 1:10:13 AM7/16/16
I installed nn 6.7.3-10build1 from the Ubuntu 16.04 LTS software-center

when I run nn I get
... You need a fully qualified domain name

anyone have a sample configuration file?

tried these
http://www.ru.j-npcs.org/usoft/WWW/HOWTO/News-HOWTO-5.html
http://www.nndev.org/
http://www.tldp.org/LDP/nag/node283.html

remember something about domain
the config.h is read-only

resolve.conf is is read-only and ?generated?

# Dynamic resolv.conf(5) file for glibc resolver(3) generated by resolvconf(8)
# DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE BY HAND -- YOUR CHANGES WILL BE OVERWRITTEN
nameserver 127.0.1.1
search my_IP_host

can't find the FAQ

--
Dale
http://www.dalekelly.org

andrew

Jul 16, 2016, 1:33:45 AM7/16/16
On 2016-07-16, Dale <da...@dalekelly.org> wrote:

> when I run nn I get
> ... You need a fully qualified domain name
>
> anyone have a sample configuration file?

The basic idea is here:

http://www.andrews-corner.org/leafnode.html#fqdn

Andrew
--
Do you think that's air you're breathing?

Dale

Jul 16, 2016, 8:40:22 PM7/16/16
On 2016-07-16, Dale <da...@dalekelly.org> wrote:
> I installed nn 6.7.3-10build1 from the Ubuntu 16.04 LTS software-center
>
> when I run nn I get
> ... You need a fully qualified domain name
>
> anyone have a sample configuration file?
>
> tried these
> http://www.ru.j-npcs.org/usoft/WWW/HOWTO/News-HOWTO-5.html
> http://www.nndev.org/
> http://www.tldp.org/LDP/nag/node283.html
>
> remember something about domain
> the config.h is read-only
>
> resolve.conf is is read-only and ?generated?
>
> # Dynamic resolv.conf(5) file for glibc resolver(3) generated by resolvconf(8)
> # DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE BY HAND -- YOUR CHANGES WILL BE OVERWRITTEN
> nameserver 127.0.1.1
> search my_IP_host
>

> can't find the FAQ

this works for slrn

http://slrn.sourceforge.net/docs/slrn-FAQ-2.html#ss2.2

Some Linux distributions (e.g. Ubuntu) do not provide the option of giving the system a fully qualified domain name during installation. This can be fixed by editing the /etc/hosts file. E.g.,

Before:

127.0.0.1 localhost
127.0.1.1 desktop

After:

127.0.0.1 localhost
127.0.1.1 desktop.your.domain desktop

same error message for nn

Dale

Jul 16, 2016, 10:30:09 PM7/16/16
got the FQDN (fully qualified domain name) solved from this link
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/slackware-14/nn-and-fqdn-694611/

works with plain connection, no ipv6, no TLS, working on that

andrew

Jul 17, 2016, 3:51:56 AM7/17/16
He is a good guy that andrew :). That was such a long time ago and I
confess my dalliance with nn did not last all that long...