Compilation problems with NN 6.4.18 client (NNTP/SunOS 4.1.1)

Vincenzo Romano

Aug 4, 1994, 9:05:53 AM8/4/94
Hi all!
I've got the sources for the NN client 6.4.18 and have tried to compile them.
I'm using GCC 2.5.8 under SunOS 4.1.1 with NNTP.
The compilation process complained me about the va_start macro used with
only one argument. I found that somewhere the sources are (indirectly)
including the stdarg.h file too. This is why I got that message.
I've resolved by now the problem by adding in the CFLAGS the macro
NO_VARARGS that prevents the usage of the varags.h macros.
Is this the correct fixup?
Then I've got a message about the "B9600 ... B4800 ... undefined symbols".
I simply added a line with #include <termbits.h> in the term.c file.
Is this correct too?

By the way, I've to admit I know very little about NNTP and the other Internet
News related topics. Is there a document somewhere in the net explaining them?
Thanks in advance!
--
vro...@NYX.cs.du.edu | Maybe Computers will never be as intelligent as |

Vincenzo Romano

Apr 20, 2022, 3:42:49 AM4/20/22
Il giorno giovedì 4 agosto 1994 alle 15:05:53 UTC+2 Vincenzo Romano ha scritto:
Ciao!
I think those were the correct workarounds.
I bet you will learn more with the time.

See you!