lost mail

Mn Bagshaw

Mar 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/28/98

I,ve installed netsacpe 4 and uninstalled it because Virgin don't
support it but I've now lost all the Emails I've received. Are they
stashed anywhere on C: ?

--
==== Please DELETE This Line and Everything Below It When Replying! ===
news.newusers.questions is for questions and answers about the Internet

Peter Bennett

Mar 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/29/98

On Sat, 28 Mar 1998 21:11:14 GMT, Mn Bagshaw <mn.ba...@virgin.net>
wrote:

>I,ve installed netsacpe 4 and uninstalled it because Virgin don't
>support it but I've now lost all the Emails I've received. Are they
>stashed anywhere on C: ?

When I installed Netscape 4, it moved all the mail folders from
Netscape 3's directory to its own, and made Netscape 3 look there for
them. If you deleted all folders under Netscape 4, I am afraid you
may have lost them. However, before giving up, look in the recycle
bin for files like inbox, inbox.snm, outbox, outbox.snm - these will
be the mail folders and their index files - if they are still there,
you can recover them from the recyle bin.

--
Peter Bennett, VE7CEI Vancouver, B.C., Canada
GPS and NMEA info and programs: http://vancouver-webpages.com/peter/index.html

vittorio...@gmail.com

Nov 25, 2014, 12:40:03 PM11/25/14
On Saturday, March 28, 1998 7:00:00 PM UTC+11, Mn Bagshaw wrote:
> I,ve installed netsacpe 4 and uninstalled it because Virgin don't
> support it but I've now lost all the Emails I've received. Are they
> stashed anywhere on C: ?
>
> --
> I have XP and restored my mail from reycling bin, where has it gone they have not gone back to outlook express? can you help.

Thanks Vic