Legit Movies and Shows?

plonialmoni

Sep 8, 2014, 3:35:02 AM9/8/14
I have been on Usenet a few weeks now and I have yet to download
a single movie that was playable. Most of them have come with a
file named if you get an error which directs you to a folder
called codecs containing a setup.exe which to me appears to be
obvious malware. I thought that Usenet enthuists boast of there
being no viruses here?

Anyways my question is, where do I find the legitimate BNZ's for
movies and T.V. shows? Am I also going to have to pay for some
BNZ club or whatever? Just searching on binsearch.info certainly
is not the way.
--
gaon10110

Whiskers

Sep 11, 2014, 11:15:02 AM9/11/14
On 2014-09-08, plonialmoni <gao...@safe-mail.net> wrote:
> I have been on Usenet a few weeks now and I have yet to download
> a single movie that was playable. Most of them have come with a
> file named if you get an error which directs you to a folder
> called codecs containing a setup.exe which to me appears to be
> obvious malware. I thought that Usenet enthuists boast of there
> being no viruses here?

You seem to be talking about 'binary newsgroups', which are completely
different from the text-only newsgroups such as this one. Text-only
messages naturally can't carry malware - but binary messages certainly
can.

I don't know if any commercial movie or music has ever been
'legitimately' available from a binary newsgroup. I'm sure there is
'legitimate' content available though, uploaded by the copyright
holders.

> Anyways my question is, where do I find the legitimate BNZ's for
> movies and T.V. shows? Am I also going to have to pay for some
> BNZ club or whatever? Just searching on binsearch.info certainly
> is not the way.

This might be a good place to start
<http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/howto-guide-started-usenet/>

--
-- Whiskers

Contrarian

Sep 13, 2014, 12:40:02 AM9/13/14
USENET in its original conception was ASCII text only, and
should IMO have stayed that way*

I'm not up on video downloading sites. I know thare are such