Re: setting up thunderbird to use google news server?

Anonymous

Oct 27, 2015, 5:05:04 PM10/27/15
On 07/10/15 02:40, pz...@yahoo.com wrote:
> I'd like to use thunderbird as the news reader program.
> I saw that the nntp address for google is news.google.com, but when I
try to use it, no newsgroups show up.
Thunderbird works with nntp.aioe.org if it's any help
See http://www.aioe.org/

Whiskers

Oct 29, 2015, 2:05:04 PM10/29/15
Google does not provide any public NNTP news server access. Any such
server name you've seen in usenet headers is entirely internal to
Google. They want you to use the Google Groups web interface with your
web browser.

There are news-servers that are free for reading and posting. I suggest
you look at the newsgroup alt.free.newsservers.

--
-- Whiskers