Reddit proves usenet concept still viable

vjp...@at.biostrategist.dot.dot.com

Jul 9, 2022, 3:33:41 PM7/9/22
I've been using reddit and it greatly resembles usenet.

No complaints aboit reddit, but I do think
it proves usenet is still viable as a concept.

It also suffers from ridiculously schoolmarmish moderators just like usenet,
big deal. I'd rather use kill files than moderators.

--
Vasos Panagiotopoulos panix.com/~vjp2/vasos.htm

Grant Taylor

Jul 9, 2022, 4:55:49 PM7/9/22
On 7/9/22 1:33 PM, vjp...@at.BioStrategist.dot.dot.com wrote:
> I've been using reddit and it greatly resembles usenet.

What Reddit is used for may resemble Usenet. But the underlying
technology / network is considerably different. The former is closed /
proprietary while the latter is open and public.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die