zardoz security mailing list status

Neil Gorsuch

Dec 20, 1988, 10:10:25 PM12/20/88
The zardoz security mailing list for matters of computer system security,
can be joined by sending a request to uunet!zardoz!security-request or to
security...@cpd.com from one the following accounts:
1. root
2. a uucp map entry email listed contact
3. the uucp map entry author
4. an NIC internet database listed system administrator
on a uucp maps listed host or from an NIC database listed internet host.
Other systems or hosts can be added, just contact me, and we'll work
something out. I don't discourage home systems or sub-domains from
being added, I just require a listed system or domain to agree or
for something to be worked out on an individual basis. Please DO NOT
send requests to secu...@cpd.com or to zardoz!security. Please include in
the membership request what name(s) or alias(es) you want the list sent to.
The MX record for cpd.com (zardoz.uucp) is in the process of being changed
from nosc.mil to uunet.uu.net, so internet requests might get here sooner
if they explicitly route through uunet.

There are now over 200 destinations on the list, with about 50 more
mail applications waiting to be processed, mostly from internet sites.
The list operation has been improved as follows:
1. zardoz is now directly connected to uunet
2. a new 300 Mbyte disk has been added for /usr/spool
3. I now have access to the NIC internet database
There should be little or none lost messages now, and membership
requests should be processed more easily in the future.

If you sent in a membership request, but have not received a reply,
it couldn't hurt to send in another request. Some requests
might have been lost by a full /usr/spool/uucp file system and by
various problems of some of the local systems and this system.

I will process all requests, please be patient. Unfortunately, I
am leaving in a few days for the holidays, but I will be back around
January 3rd. Hopefully, I will be able to process most of the currently
waiting requests before I leave.

Neil J. Gorsuch
security...@cpd.com
uunet!zardoz!security-request
USA (714)547-3000

switp...@gmail.com

Dec 4, 2014, 2:58:28 AM12/4/14
can i please have a copy

wiz...@gmail.com

Apr 11, 2016, 10:37:36 AM4/11/16
On Thursday, December 4, 2014 at 6:58:28 PM UTC+11, switp...@gmail.com wrote:
> can i please have a copy

lol. you replied to a usenet posting which is 26 years old.

best you get in touch with electron or phoenix and see if they still have a copy of it for you :-)

Princess Bubblegum

Jul 9, 2022, 9:45:37 AM7/9/22
someone should take a look at this again. pretty aptly named.

Justin Moore

Aug 8, 2022, 2:21:54 AM8/8/22
What's the point? We have CVE listings now. Zardos was the archaic 80s predcessor to this except it was kept secret and had limited distibution. Hence it's attraction to members of The Underground back in the 80s.

Postiljon Petskin

Apr 21, 2023, 5:28:34 PM4/21/23
Hey, guy........Nice to see, that You are having something to write about.....

Postiljon Petskin

Apr 21, 2023, 5:29:01 PM4/21/23
Hey........ Nice to see, that You are having something to write about.....

A n g l e

May 8, 2023, 1:53:08 PM5/8/23