Google Grupper understøtter ikke længere nye Usenet-opslag eller -abonnementer. Tidligere indhold er fortsat synligt.

net.martyr

44 visninger
Gå til det første ulæste opslag

Paul W. Schleck

ulæst,
5. nov. 2023, 10.56.5805.11.2023
til
"I'm not impressed by the net.martyr archetype on-line. I saw it many
times on the Usenet newsgroups, and now it's starting to infect
blogs. People are entitled to their opinions, but the net.martyr raises
it to some kind of moral crusade, and an ill-considered, unproductive,
and egomaniacal one at that. Some of their attributes:"

https://www.reddit.com/r/ClassicUsenet/comments/urley0/netmartyr/

immibis

ulæst,
19. feb. 2024, 22.59.0919. feb.
til
" - Even if Usenet is obsolete, its history may contain lessons for
next-generation distributed social media that were not learned by later
commercial efforts like Twitter and Facebook."

^ this one. Now that I know how Usenet works, I see how many platforms
are just subsets of Usenet.

ulæst,
20. feb. 2024, 04.26.1520. feb.
til
What I find very powerful in terms of people who write things I don't want
to read, is to not read them.

It's very difficult for me to understand how people can be so upset over a
blog or a message. You know who wrote it, and you can just ignore reading
texts by that person or add the person to a killfile if you have one.
Problem solved.

oldernow

ulæst,
20. feb. 2024, 07.26.0220. feb.
til
On 2024-02-20, D <nos...@example.net> wrote:

> What I find very powerful in terms of people who write things I don't want
> to read, is to not read them.
>
> It's very difficult for me to understand how people can be so upset over a
> blog or a message. You know who wrote it, and you can just ignore reading
> texts by that person or add the person to a killfile if you have one.
> Problem solved.

Ego doesn't want the victimhood problem solved, because more
victimhood is paramount to more ego.

--
oldernow
xyz001 at nym.hush.com

ulæst,
20. feb. 2024, 09.34.1620. feb.
til
Nice take on the theme! It makes perfect sense to me.
0 nye opslag