Re: self-crashing car

Spiros Bousbouras

Jan 23, 2023, 12:28:47 AM1/23/23
On 23 Jan 2023 07:57:16 +1000
n...@telling.you.invalid (Computer Nerd Kev) wrote:
> Spiros Bousbouras <spi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Fri, 20 Jan 2023 18:25:27 -0800
> >> I miss rec.humor.funny. Captain Nitpick especially.
> >
> > What's wrong with it ? Because
> > Subject: List of Big Eight Newsgroups
> > Newsgroups: news.announce.newgroups,news.groups,news.lists.misc
> > Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2023 08:00:04 -0800
> >
> > mentions it. If submitted posts just get lost then there is a formal process
> > for finding a new moderator , you can ask on news.groups .
>
> Ahh, in March last year you yourself posted in the Moderator Vacancy
> Investigation thread at news.groups.proposals, which was originally
> started in 2010 ("Moderator Vacancy Investigation: rec.humor.funny
> and rec.humor.funny.reruns"). So after more than twelve years,
> apparantly a new moderator is still being sought.

Wow , I had forgotten about that , thanks. So then why hasn't the process of
removal of rec.humor.funny and rec.humor.funny.reruns started ? As you
said in that thread in
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2022 17:25:15 CST
From: n...@telling.you.invalid (Computer Nerd Kev)
Newsgroups: news.groups.proposals
Subject: Re: Moderator Vacancy Investigation: rec.humor.funny and rec.humor.funny.reruns

I agree that there is little point in deleting unmoderated groups,
but leaving these non-functional moderated groups around as little
black holes swallowing up new posts will only serve to force people
(especially new users) to the conclusion that Usenet is not only
dead, but also broken.