2nd RFD: rec.skate reorganization

Sandra Loosemore

Jan 17, 1995, 7:43:32 PM1/17/95
I just wanted to mention....

If enough people bug me about it, I will add something explicit to the
charter for the proposed rec.sport.skating.ice.figure group that says that
anonymously posted articles are not appropriate and/or put something about
this in a new "welcome to this group" FAQ list and/or request the
anon.penet.fi administrator to block anonymous posting to this group.

Background: rec.skate has repeatedly been targeted by people who
abuse anonymous posting servers to post either (1) "spam" totally
unrelated to skating; (2) misinformation deliberately intended to
confuse people (the infamous "Chuckie" messages); or (3) gay-bashing,
accusations of racism, or similar inflammatory "trolls". Most people
are sick and tired of it.

-Sandra

Sandra Loosemore

Jan 17, 1995, 1:19:18 PM1/17/95
SUMMARY

This is a revision of the prior proposal to split rec.skate into subgroups
specialized for different forms of skating.

The only substantive change from the original RFD is an adjustment of the
names and charters of the proposed rec.skating.figure subgroups. This
change is intended to address the desire for a single forum for discussion
of figure skating across the range of participant, spectator and fan
perspectives; while providing a separate forum for recreational skaters
who often have little interest in extensive discussion of competitive or
spectator aspects of the sport.

The name of the in-line skating group has also been changed from "in-line"
to "inline" as a convenience issue and to avoid potential problems with
news/mail gateways.

We are publishing a revised RFD primarily to collect any last-minute
comments on the charters of the proposed groups; we do not anticipate
any major changes to the proposal before the CFV is issued.

PROPOSED BY

Sandra Loosemore (loosemor...@cs.yale.edu)
author of competitive figure skating FAQ
Tony Chen (adc...@garnet.acns.fsu.edu)
author of rec.skate general/inline FAQ
George Robbins (g...@tharsis.com)
author of conventional roller skating & skating books FAQs
Karen Bryden (ka...@mars.dgrc.doc.ca)
author of recreational figure skating FAQ

GROUPS AFFECTED

rec.skate
alt.skate

MAILING LISTS AFFECTED

ska...@umab.bitnet

BACKGROUND

The newsgroup rec.skate has traditionally been a forum for discussion
of all kinds of skating, including inline skating, conventional
(quad) roller skating, figure skating on ice (both as a participatory
activity and a spectator sport), speed skating, and recreational ice
skating.

Rec.skate gets a moderate amount of traffic, currently on the order of
50 articles per day. The volume has been significantly higher during
events such as the Olympic games and Nancy/Tonya frenzy. Discussion
in rec.skate tends to be seasonal in nature; during the warm-weather
months, articles about inline skating predominate, but in the winter
people post more about ice skating.

skating on ice, again covering both participant and spectator aspects
of the sport. This mailing list carries 50-100 articles per day.
Because of the high volume on the mailing list, some list members have
indicated they would rather get these messages by news than by mail.

The newsgroup alt.skate, which was the predecessor to rec.skate, is
still listed at many sites. It gets occasional posts, mostly from
people who seem to be unaware that the group has been superseded.

MOTIVATION FOR REORGANIZATION

In recent months rec.skate has acquired many new readers who are only
interested in one particular form of skating and who object to having
to filter out posts about other kinds of skating that do not interest
them. Most of the friction seems to be between the people at the two
extremes of the spectrum covered by rec.skate: participant inline
skaters and figure skating fans. Most posters to rec.skate have adopted
the convention of identifying the topic of their articles with keywords
like [ICE] or [INLINE], but this has not been a satisfactory solution.

There are three reasons for splitting rec.skate.

(1) People won't have to filter out articles about forms of skating that
don't interest them.

(2) People won't have to filter out articles from people complaining
about having to filter out articles about forms of skating that
don't interest them.

(3) It would facilitate either merging of the skating mailing list
with a newsgroup devoted to the same purpose, or absorbing some of
the traffic from the mailing list into a newsgroup.

PROPOSAL

(1) Create the following new, unmoderated subgroups:

rec.sport.skating.ice.figure figure/artistic skating

Charter:

This group provides a forum for discussion of amateur and
professional figure/artistic skating, including figures,
freestyle, pairs, dance, and precision team skating.
Articles from both participant (competitor, parent, coach,
skating official) and spectator or fan perspectives are
appropriate in this group.

Appropriate topics for discussion in this group include:
amateur and professional skating competitions and exhibitions;
activities of competitive and professional skaters;
rules and organizations governing the sport of figure skating;
and equipment, technique, training, and instruction issues
relevant to this type of skating.

While the primary focus is figure/artistic skating on ice,
discussion of corresponding inline or roller skating topics
is not precluded.

rec.sport.skating.ice.recreational recreational ice skating

Charter:

This group provides a forum for discussion of ice skating as
a recreational activity.

Appropriate topics for this group include public skating,
social or dance sessions and outdoor skating; learning to skate
and more advanced group or private instruction; equipment
selection, use, maintenance, and troubleshooting; and stretching,
training and fitness issues.

Discussion of skating skills on both hockey and figure skates
are welcome. The group is aimed specifically at skating from
the participant perspective.

rec.sport.skating.inline inline skating

Charter:

This group's focus is on discussion of all disciplines of
skating on inline skates, also known as blading or
Rollerblading(tm).

Appropriate topics for this newsgroup include equipment
selection, use, maintenance, and troubleshooting;
learn-to-skate issues; recreational/fitness skating,
street/extreme skating, and inline hockey skating.

rec.sport.skating.racing racing and speed skating

Charter:

This group provides a forum for discussion of skate racing
and speed skating, including short-track, long-track, and
distance/endurance events, whether on ice skates, inline
skates, or conventional roller skates. Training and fitness
topics relevant to racing are also appropriate for this
newsgroup.

rec.sport.skating.roller conventional (quad) roller skating

Charter:

This group provides a forum for discussion of all forms of skating
on conventional (quad) roller skates, including indoor rink skating,
outdoor skating, figure/artistic and social roller skating.

(2) Rename rec.skate to rec.sport.skating.misc, and give it this new charter:

rec.sport.skating.misc miscellaneous skating topics

Charter:

This group is place to discuss skating-related topics that
either do not fit any of the other rec.sport.skating subgroups,
or that are not specific to any mode or discipline of skating.
Appropriate topics for discussion in this group include
ice-hockey skating, cross-training, and skating-related injuries
such as foot pain.

COMMENTARY

Moving the skating newsgroups into the rec.sport hierarchy was
recommended by the group-advice gurus. It seems unlikely that
any arguments would change this decision.

The inline skating group appears to be noncontroversial.

The decision to propose creation of both a figure skating group and a
recreational ice skating group was made because recreational skaters
wanted a place to discuss their activity that would not be overwhelmed
by fan-type chatter about competitive and professional figure skating.
The group names and charters given here are the result of much discussion
and a straw poll.

Discussion of ice speed skating on rec.skate has been extremely seasonal
in nature, with many posts around the times of major competitions (such
as the Olympic games) and little or no activity at other times. It's
doubtful whether there would enough traffic to sustain a group
devoted specifically to ice speed skating. However, there is somewhat
more activity relating to racing on inline skates and a combined group
may have sufficient "critical mass". Otherwise, discussion of ice speed
skating would move to rec.sport.skating.misc and discussion of inline
racing would be absorbed into rec.sport.skating.inline.

In the case of conventional (quad) roller skating, there are currently
only a few people who post about this regularly to rec.skate, but they
feel quite strongly about having an identity of their own rather than
being merged with the ice figure/artistic skating group(s). Without a
specific subgroup for this form of skating, it would be discussed in
rec.sport.skating.misc.

The sport of ice hockey is discussed in rec.sport.hockey. Hockey
skating is not a major topic of discussion in rec.skate, therefore no
specific subgroup for that topic is being proposed here.

The issue of whether and how to establish a two-way gateway between
rec.sport.skating.ice.figure and the ska...@umab.bitnet mailing list
is being pursued by Sandra Loosemore (loosemor...@cs.yale.edu).
Creation of rec.sport.skating.ice.figure is not intended to be dependent
on setting up this gateway.

NOTE

This RFD is being issued in concordance with the guidelines set in the
"How to create a new usenet newsgroup" FAQ regularly posted to
news.announce.newgroups. Please refer to this FAQ if you have any
questions about the newsgroup creation procedures.

The CFV will be posted approximately one week after the posting of
this RFD. This short discussion period is due to the minor nature of
the changes to the RFD; prior discussion of the original RFD and
possible changes; and an informal poll conducted in rec.skate before
issuing this revised RFD.

The votes will be collected by a neutral third party.

This RFD is being (cross)-posted to these groups:
rec.skate
alt.skate
news.groups
rec.sport.misc

to inform list members about the RFD.

Fiona McQuarrie

Jan 18, 1995, 4:07:44 PM1/18/95
I've been keeping out of the reorganization debate because I haven't had
much to add.
This reorganization looks good to me, but I have a small problem with the
"recreational" group in the figure skating split. "Recreational" to me
implies learning to skate...I'm not being snobby, but I don't think the
name is inclusive enough to cover those who compete at a non-championship
level (e.g. ISIA competitions), or those who are beyond learning to skate
and are pursuing more advanced activities (e.g. the adult ice dancers on the
group).
The charter describes quite nicely what the group would be for, but I would
suggest something like "amateur" instead of "recreational" to more
accurately label what the group is about.
Otherwise, the rest of this looks very nice, and compliments to all who
put it together.

Cheers, Fiona
fmcq...@atlas.cs.upei.ca

Pete Bastien

Jan 18, 1995, 5:26:24 PM1/18/95
Sandra Loosemore (loosemor...@CS.Yale.Edu) wrote:
: Background: rec.skate has repeatedly been targeted by people who

: abuse anonymous posting servers to post either (1) "spam" totally
: unrelated to skating; (2) misinformation deliberately intended to
: confuse people (the infamous "Chuckie" messages); or (3) gay-bashing,
: accusations of racism, or similar inflammatory "trolls". Most people
: are sick and tired of it.

If this is such a concern why not take on the burden of moderating
the new groups?

George Robbins

Jan 19, 1995, 1:44:38 AM1/19/95

Please, that burden is of a different magnitude altogether than dealing
with a periodic outbreaks of garbage postings. It is only indicated
in the most extreme cases and when there is a group concensus that the
pain and delays are neccessary to make the group workable.

--
George Robbins - not working for, work: to be avoided at all costs...
but still emotionally attached to: uucp: unknown

Justin Anderson

Jan 19, 1995, 2:10:11 PM1/19/95
In article <D2n42...@tigger.jvnc.net),
George Robbins <g...@tharsis.com) wrote:
)In article <3fk4ig$6...@bigboote.WPI.EDU) ptb...@wpi.edu (Pete Bastien) writes:
)) Sandra Loosemore (loosemor...@CS.Yale.Edu) wrote:
)) : Background: rec.skate has repeatedly been targeted by people who
)) : abuse anonymous posting servers to post either (1) "spam" totally
))
)
)Please, that burden is of a different magnitude altogether than dealing
)with a periodic outbreaks of garbage postings. It is only indicated
)in the most extreme cases and when there is a group concensus that the
)pain and delays are neccessary to make the group workable.
)

Periodic is exactly what it is. An I feel that the need to
possibly use anonymous posting quite outweighs the once-a-month-
or-less flame-baiting type post. But I do like Pete's idea :)

Justin

--
-Justin Anderson- Idontspeakformyemployer Beware of Fa ContraPresident
Imdowntojustonethingandimstartingtoscaremyself- N|N NoriegaArmsKill

Robert Withrow

Jan 19, 1995, 2:19:20 PM1/19/95
I still wish for a *complete* seperation of the discussion
of figure *skating* from the discussion of figure *skaters*.

It may be just me, but I figure skate, and I like to talk about
figure skating, but I'd prefer to have all of the fan-oriented
stuff be relegated to rec.what.eve.r.fan and not in the figure skating
group. And the charter for the recreational group doesn't
seem to help.

Does anyone else feel the same way?

Robert Withrow, Tel: +1 617 598 4480, Fax: +1 617 598 4430 Net: wi...@rwwa.COM
R.W. Withrow Associates, 319 Lynnway Suite 201, Lynn MA 01901 USA

Roma Crawford

Jan 20, 1995, 5:41:23 AM1/20/95
I am a beginner in the sport of inline skating, and I
would really like to hear from other budding skaters,
either in Ireland or from abroad.
Looking forward to hearing from you,
Roma Crawford
ro...@maths.tcd.ie

Yonkers Public Schools

Jan 21, 1995, 6:59:52 AM1/21/95
Robert Withrow (wi...@rwwa.com) wrote:
: I still wish for a *complete* seperation of the discussion

: of figure *skating* from the discussion of figure *skaters*.

As a fan, I enjoy and learn from discussion of *skating* on the senior
level. But skating on the *recreational* or *low test* levels generally
doesn't interest me. So I'm not with you.

--
Katie Filipowicz
Spring Valley, New York

George Robbins

Jan 21, 1995, 3:35:27 PM1/21/95
In article <3fjvv0$h...@atlas.cs.upei.ca> fmcq...@atlas.cs.upei.ca (Fiona McQuarrie) writes:
> I've been keeping out of the reorganization debate because I haven't had
> much to add.
> This reorganization looks good to me, but I have a small problem with the
> "recreational" group in the figure skating split. "Recreational" to me
> implies learning to skate...I'm not being snobby, but I don't think the
> name is inclusive enough to cover those who compete at a non-championship
> level (e.g. ISIA competitions), or those who are beyond learning to skate
> and are pursuing more advanced activities (e.g. the adult ice dancers on the
> group).
> The charter describes quite nicely what the group would be for, but I would
> suggest something like "amateur" instead of "recreational" to more
> accurately label what the group is about.

The problem with this is that amateur actually applies to the whole range
of USFSA skating up to and including the olympics, and the .figure group
is not intended to be limited to discussions of "pro" or "elite" skating.

I think what you're looking for and not finding is a distinction between
"elite" figure skating, which can be crudely defined as skating/skaters
that is television-accessible vs. lower level or more participatory
skating. It's not there because that particular split turns out to be
rather controversial/devisive and we're looking for easy-to-define
categories that have concencus support and little strong opposition.

The .figure group is intended to cover the whole "track" of figure skating,
from skate-moms in training; beginners taking their first "figure/freestyle"
classes; low level USFSA or ISIA style competition; regional, national and
international amateur competition, pro events and competitions, and also
fans. To me this means people who are interested in figure skating as
such, or who have goals of competing or public performance.

On the other hand, the .recreational group is not track specific but
intended for those skaters who skate mostly for personal recreation
or enjoyment. This hardly implies "learning to skate" though many
"beginners" would fit here until they decide to "get serious" about
skating and define other goals. It also doesn't imply that recreational
skaters are completely disinterested in the above, but rather that
it's not a major priority in their skating.

While the ISIA/USFSA type split seems obvious, it's only so in the
general focus of those organizations, since there are serious competitors
in the IISA and many recreational skaters who find a USFSA association
convenient in their location, not the mention less organized forms of
skating.

Obviously, there is some overlap between the two groups as defined,
but I consider this non-harmful and even desireable. There will be
a group of people that can fit in either or both as the character of
the new groups develops. I also suspect that a year or two down the
road, the people participating in the .figure group may want to
reconsider a skating/fan, generic/elite, participant/spectator or
other subdivision of "their" group, but our immediate concern is
getting a framework in place that addresses the basic issues from
the perspective of all the particpants in the rec.skate newsgroup.

> Otherwise, the rest of this looks very nice, and compliments to all who
> put it together.

Thanks...it's turned out to be a bit harder than expected, since each
of us feels that we are representative of a different constituency and
have fairly strong feelings about the right and wrong ways to approach
the split, but we're farily pleased with the result...

Louis Epstein

Jan 21, 1995, 12:05:47 AM1/21/95
Robert Withrow (wi...@rwwa.com) wrote:
: I still wish for a *complete* seperation of the discussion

: of figure *skating* from the discussion of figure *skaters*.

: It may be just me, but I figure skate, and I like to talk about
: figure skating, but I'd prefer to have all of the fan-oriented
: stuff be relegated to rec.what.eve.r.fan and not in the figure skating
: group. And the charter for the recreational group doesn't
: seem to help.

: Does anyone else feel the same way?

I certainly DON'T feel that way...I don't want there to be more than one
figure skating group at all.We need a skater-fan continuum,not a barrier.
Any particular groupie jabbering should be directed to the various
alt.fan.skater's-name groups,but discussion of how so-and-so skates should
be in the same place you talk about doing it yourself.

George Robbins

Jan 22, 1995, 3:14:08 PM1/22/95
In article <3fmdvo$5...@shore.shore.net> wi...@rwwa.com (Robert Withrow) writes:
> I still wish for a *complete* seperation of the discussion
> of figure *skating* from the discussion of figure *skaters*.
>
> It may be just me, but I figure skate, and I like to talk about
> figure skating, but I'd prefer to have all of the fan-oriented
> stuff be relegated to rec.what.eve.r.fan and not in the figure skating
> group. And the charter for the recreational group doesn't
> seem to help.
>
> Does anyone else feel the same way?

Yes, but when this was suggested back in the pre-RFD days, there was
fairly strong opposition to the idea. Some people see it as a natural
split and other don't.

The mechanics of the (real soon now) voting process require that there
be a 2/3's majority for the proposed group/sub-group and 100 more "yes"
than "no" votes. The intent of the RFD process (my interpretation) is to
refine the proposal so that when the vote occurs, the group will pass/fail
dependent on the level of interest, *not* as a battle between the forces
in favor of or opposed to some notion.

Also, this is being done as a reorganization of the *whole* group by
*all* parties. We've tried hard to make the RFD "enough" to solve the
existing problems for some time, without "too much" subdivision out of
some sense of "order". Once this is accomplished, it will be up to
the participants in the (proposed) rec.sport.skating.ice.figure group
do decide if further divisions are desirable.

Jay Maynard

Mar 22, 1995, 3:56:10 PM3/22/95
FIRST CALL FOR VOTES (of 2)
unmoderated group rec.sport.skating.ice.figure
unmoderated group rec.sport.skating.ice.recreational
unmoderated group rec.sport.skating.inline
unmoderated group rec.sport.skating.racing
unmoderated group rec.sport.skating.roller
rename unmoderated group rec.skate to rec.sport.skating.misc

Newsgroups line:
rec.sport.skating.ice.figure Figure/artistic skating.
rec.sport.skating.ice.recreational Recreational ice skating.
rec.sport.skating.inline Inline skating.
rec.sport.skating.racing Racing and speed skating.
rec.sport.skating.roller Conventional (quad) roller skating.
rec.sport.skating.misc Miscellaneous skating topics.

Votes must be received by 23:59:59 UTC, 12 April 1995.

This vote is being conducted by a neutral third party. For voting
questions only, contact the votetaker, Jay Maynard, at
jmay...@admin5.hsc.uth.tmc.edu. For questions about the
proposed group, contact the proponents, Sandra Loosemore
<loosemor...@cs.yale.edu>, Tony Chen <adc...@garnet.acns.fsu.edu>,
George Robbins <g...@tharsis.com>, and Karen Bryden <ka...@mars.dgrc.doc.ca>.

After it appears on Usenet, this Call for Votes will be sent to the
following mailing lists: ska...@vger.rutgers.edu and
sk...@ph-cip.uni-koeln.de.

CHARTERS

This is a proposal for reorganizing the current rec.skate and moving
it into the rec.sport hierarchy. We are proposing to create the
following new groups:

rec.sport.skating.ice.figure

This group provides a forum for discussion of amateur and
professional figure/artistic skating, including figures,
freestyle, pairs, dance, and precision team skating.

Articles from both participant and spectator or fan

[...]

Also, we want to rename rename rec.skate to rec.sport.skating.misc,

and give it this new charter:

rec.sport.skating.misc

This group is place to discuss skating-related topics that

either do not fit any of the other rec.sport.skating subgroups,
or that are not specific to any mode or discipline of skating.
Appropriate topics for discussion in this group include
ice-hockey skating, cross-training, and skating-related injuries
such as foot pain.

RATIONALE

This is a joint proposal endorsed by the four current rec.skate FAQ
list maintainers. We realize that this proposal may not conform to
everyone's ideal reorganization of rec.skate, but we have attempted to
reach a compromise that respects the wishes of the various rec.skate
constituencies for their own subgroups. We urge you to vote for all
of the groups proposed. If you sincerely feel that there are too many
groups, consider voting for at least rec.sport.skating.misc,
rec.sport.skating.inline and rec.sport.skating.ice.figure.

HOW TO VOTE

Erase everything above the top "-=-=-=-" line and erase everything
below the bottom "-=-=-=-" line. Do not erase anything between these
lines and do not change the group names.

Give your name on the line that asks for it. For each group, place a YES or
NO in the brackets next to it to vote for or against it. If you don't want
to vote on a particular group, just leave the space blank. Don't worry
about spacing of the columns or any quote characters (">") that your reply
inserts.

Then mail the ballot to: vo...@admin5.hsc.uth.tmc.edu
Just Replying to this message should work, but check the "To:" line.

-=-=-=-=-=- Don't Delete Anything Between These Lines =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
rec.skate reorganization Ballot <RSR-0001> (Don't remove this marker)

Give your real name here:

[Your Vote] Group
[ ] rec.sport.skating.ice.figure
[ ] rec.sport.skating.ice.recreational
[ ] rec.sport.skating.inline
[ ] rec.sport.skating.racing
[ ] rec.sport.skating.roller
[ ] rec.sport.skating.misc
-=-=-=-=-=- Don't Delete Anything Between These Lines =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Anything else may be rejected by the automatic vote counting program. The
votetaker will respond to your received ballots with a personal acknowledge-
ment by mail - if you do not receive one within several days, try again.
It's your responsibility to make sure your vote is registered correctly.

Only one vote per person, no more than one vote per account. Addresses and
votes of all voters will be published in the final voting results list.
--
Jay Maynard, EMT-P, K5ZC, PP-ASEL | Never ascribe to malice that which can
jmay...@admin5.hsc.uth.tmc.edu | adequately be explained by stupidity.

Jay Maynard

Apr 3, 1995, 3:00:00 AM4/3/95
LAST CALL FOR VOTES (of 2)

CHARTERS

rec.sport.skating.ice.figure

rec.sport.skating.ice.recreational

rec.sport.skating.inline

rec.sport.skating.racing

rec.sport.skating.roller

rec.sport.skating.misc

RATIONALE

HOW TO VOTE

rec.skate reorganization Ballot <RSR-0002> (Don't remove this marker)

Give your real name here:

[Your Vote] Group
[ ] rec.sport.skating.ice.figure
[ ] rec.sport.skating.ice.recreational
[ ] rec.sport.skating.inline
[ ] rec.sport.skating.racing
[ ] rec.sport.skating.roller
[ ] rec.sport.skating.misc
-=-=-=-=-=- Don't Delete Anything Between These Lines =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Anything else may be rejected by the automatic vote counting program. The
votetaker will respond to your received ballots with a personal acknowledge-
ment by mail - if you do not receive one within several days, try again.
It's your responsibility to make sure your vote is registered correctly.

Only one vote per person, no more than one vote per account. Addresses and
votes of all voters will be published in the final voting results list.

rec.skate reorganization Bounce List - No need to revote
ci...@nis.nielsen.com Curtis Ide
kgod...@BBN.hsc.uth.tmc.edu Katherine Godfrey
ls...@albnyvms.Bitnet Lorre Smith
ni...@inferno.fc.hp.com Nick Ingegneri

--
Jay Maynard, EMT-P, K5ZC, PP-ASEL | Never ascribe to malice that which can

http://k5zc.hsc.uth.tmc.edu | adequately be explained by stupidity.

Michael S. Myers

Apr 8, 1995, 3:00:00 AM4/8/95
In article <rec.skate-r...@uunet.uu.net>,
jmay...@admin5.hsc.uth.tmc.edu (Jay Maynard) wrote:
> RESULT

> unmoderated group rec.sport.skating.ice.figure
> unmoderated group rec.sport.skating.ice.recreational
> unmoderated group rec.sport.skating.inline
> unmoderated group rec.sport.skating.racing
> unmoderated group rec.sport.skating.roller
> rename unmoderated group rec.skate to rec.sport.skating.misc

I'm thrilled that there is to be a newsgroup for inline skating. But where is
it, or when can I expect to see it started?

Jay Maynard

Apr 14, 1995, 3:00:00 AM4/14/95
RESULT

unmoderated group rec.sport.skating.ice.figure
unmoderated group rec.sport.skating.ice.recreational
unmoderated group rec.sport.skating.inline
unmoderated group rec.sport.skating.racing
unmoderated group rec.sport.skating.roller
rename unmoderated group rec.skate to rec.sport.skating.misc

rec.skate reorganization results - 372 valid votes

Yes No : 2/3? >100? : Pass? : Group
---- ---- : ---- ----- : ----- : -------------------------------------------
280 47 : Yes Yes : Yes : rec.sport.skating.ice.figure
237 75 : Yes Yes : Yes : rec.sport.skating.ice.recreational
311 28 : Yes Yes : Yes : rec.sport.skating.inline
250 62 : Yes Yes : Yes : rec.sport.skating.racing
243 58 : Yes Yes : Yes : rec.sport.skating.roller
286 51 : Yes Yes : Yes : rec.sport.skating.misc
18 invalid votes

Newsgroups lines:

rec.sport.skating.ice.figure Figure/artistic skating.
rec.sport.skating.ice.recreational Recreational ice skating.
rec.sport.skating.inline Inline skating.
rec.sport.skating.racing Racing and speed skating.
rec.sport.skating.roller Conventional (quad) roller skating.
rec.sport.skating.misc Miscellaneous skating topics.

Votes must be received by 23:59:59 UTC, 12 April 1995.

This vote was conducted by a neutral third party. For voting

questions only, contact the votetaker, Jay Maynard, at
jmay...@admin5.hsc.uth.tmc.edu. For questions about the
proposed group, contact the proponents, Sandra Loosemore
<loosemor...@cs.yale.edu>, Tony Chen <adc...@garnet.acns.fsu.edu>,
George Robbins <g...@tharsis.com>, and Karen Bryden <ka...@mars.dgrc.doc.ca>.

After it appeared on Usenet, this Call for Votes was sent to the

CHARTERS

rec.sport.skating.ice.figure

rec.sport.skating.ice.recreational

rec.sport.skating.inline

rec.sport.skating.racing

rec.sport.skating.roller

rec.sport.skating.misc

RATIONALE

rec.skate reorganization Final Vote Ack

rec.sport.skating.misc --------+
rec.sport.skating.roller -------+|
rec.sport.skating.racing ------+||
rec.sport.skating.inline -----+|||
rec.sport.skating.ice.recreational ----+||||
rec.sport.skating.ice.figure ---+|||||
310...@spcomm-novell.spcomm.uiuc.edu Andrew Gooding (agoo...@uxa.cs NNNYNY
3a...@qlink.queensu.ca Andrew Gaskin NNYYYY
72123...@CompuServe.COM Gordon Sanders --Y---
A.H....@bath.ac.uk -----Y
A.J.Ka...@bradford.ac.uk Bert Jan Kamphuis NYNYNY
aar...@best.com Aaron R. Priven -----Y
aboul...@ldgo.columbia.edu Albert Boulanger NNNNNN
aco...@ncc.uky.edu Allan L. Courtney, DMD NNNNNN
adc...@garnet.acns.fsu.edu Tony Chen (adc...@garnet.acns.fsu.edu) YYYYYY
agr...@ibid.library.gatech.edu Ann Grusin YYYYYY
ah69...@condor.mbcr.bcm.tmc.edu C. Annette Hollmann --YYY-
ah...@boi.hp.com Andy Hill YYYYYY
aj...@freenet.carleton.ca Margaret Burwell YYYNYN
a...@sw.stratus.com A.J. Madison YYYYYY
alb...@leland.stanford.edu Alex Benn --Y--Y
ami...@cs.Buffalo.EDU Ashley Milun YYYY-Y
a...@hookup.net Anne McGuire YYYYYY
am...@wisny.att.com John Ampe YYYYYN
ANITAW...@delphi.com ANITAWINKLER YNY-YY
ann...@wam.umd.edu Anne Adepoju YYYY--
an...@progress.com Ann Patterson YYYYYY
apa...@prairienet.org Allen Abel YNYNNY
arc...@frmug.fr.net Vincent Archer NNNNNN
arro...@blaze.cs.jhu.edu Ken Arromdee -----N
aval...@reed.edu Andrew Valdini NNYYYY
ax...@freenet.carleton.ca Stan Krogh YNYNNY
bai...@hagar.ph.utexas.edu Ed Bailey NNYNNY
bat...@pobox.upenn.edu Emily Batista YYYYYY
bbr...@eecs.wsu.edu Brian W. Brown NN----
bettin...@7thwave.com Bettina Helms Y-Y--Y
b...@world.std.com Bex Hunter YYYYYY
bh...@csfp.co.uk Bram Hoar YYYYYY
bhp...@omni.voicenet.com Byron Pratt YYYYYY
bill.b...@ece.uc.edu William L. Bradley YYYYYY
Bill_T...@qmgate.arc.nasa.gov Bill Thigpen YYYYYY
bive...@walker.polaristel.net Barb Iverson YYNNNY
bj...@ln.nimh.nih.gov Bharathi Jagadeesh YNYNNN
Bjoern....@idt.unit.no Bj|rn P. Munch ---Y--
bj...@Ra.MsState.Edu Brad Sauerwein YYYYYY
b...@herbison.com B.J. Herbison -----Y
bl...@fox.nstn.ns.ca Bonny Lee Y-YYYY
B...@Cu220.nslsilus.org Brian Heerdt YYYYYY
bon...@strauss.udel.edu Bonnie Porter Y-Y---
bo...@us1.msrcnavo.navy.mil Martin H. Booda NNNNNN
bo...@ny.ox.com Boris Altman NNNNNN
brad...@wfu.edu Jenny Braden YYYYYY
br...@tekgen.BV.TEK.COM Bryan Olson YYYNYN
bu...@bnr.ca dave (d.) budd YYYYYY
bw...@freenet.carleton.ca Morag Carnie YYYYYY
c60...@corn.cso.niu.edu H. Stephen Wright YY----
car...@explorer.sasknet.sk.ca collin Carbno Y--YY-
CAROL...@delphi.com Carole Doyle YYYYYY
c...@va.pubnix.com Cat Stanton YYYYYY
catherine....@execnet.com Katie Filipowicz YNYNNY
cath...@wickham.West.Sun.COM Cathleen Reiher YYYYYY
cgu...@PigsEye.Kennesaw.EDU Eric Gutke YYYYYY
chris...@westonia.com Chris Abiad NNYYYY
chr...@pipex.net Chris Fletcher --Y--Y
ci...@nis.nielsen.com Curtis Ide YYYNNY
c...@seas.smu.edu Carlos Vergara NNYYNY
claudia_...@qms1.life.uiuc.edu Claudia Washburn YYYYYY
cl...@cs.scarolina.edu Ernest Cline Y-YYNY
cl...@lunch.engr.sgi.com Diane Barlow Close YYYNNY
cm...@achilles.net Charles R. MacDonald YYYYYY
cnei...@cyclone.mitre.org Chris Neidecker YYYYYY
col...@miasma.sbi.com Colleen D. Woodward YYYYYY
co...@garmr.waterloo-rdp.on.ca Cory C. Albrecht Y-----
craf...@fir.fbc.com Colin Rafferty YYYYYY
cs94...@ariel.cs.yorku.ca Adam Scriven YYYYYY
cwr...@MIT.EDU C. William Rowe YYYYYY
Cyber...@aol.com NNNNNY
cy...@ucdavis.edu Charisse Lee YYYYYY
Da-Sh...@Dartmouth.EDU Da-Shih Hu NNNNNN
da...@ix.netcom.com Dan Rothschild YYYYNY
dar...@cs.yorku.ca Darryl Gamble YYYYYY
dave...@macc.wisc.edu Dave Keys YYYYNN
david....@canrem.com David Naylor YYYYYY
Daviess...@oclc.org Daviess Menefee YYYYYY
de...@iastate.edu Deborah Reed-Margetan YYYYYY
dee...@infinet.com Dee Dee Richard YNYNNY
def...@cs.umn.edu Daniel Efron YYYYYY
den...@feds.Kodak.COM Michel Denber YYYYYY
dfr...@nbnet.nb.ca David Fraser YYYYYY
dia...@bcm.tmc.edu Diane E. Griffiths YYYYYY
din...@netcom.com P Woods NNYYYY
dip...@ibm.net Gary DiPillo YYYYYY
dir...@phys.uva.nl Ruud Dirksen -Y-Y--
DJG...@prodigy.com Richard Bearer YYYYYY
DM...@can02.pge.com Diane Ayers YYYYYY
du...@gothamcity.jsc.nasa.gov Timothy R. Dugan --YNYY
dw...@ffg05.navy.gov.au Mark Purcell --Y---
e...@hpbs1868.boi.hp.com Edward Walsh YYYYYY
edw...@aur.alcatel.com Jonathan Alan Edwards YYYYYY
eh...@fwi.uva.nl Erik de Haas (second time I vote, because I have no YYYYYY
ei...@star.ENET.dec.com David Eiche YYYYYY
eig...@uiuc.edu Amy Ryan --YNNY
EL...@aol.com ---Y--
emhu...@mhc.mtholyoke.edu Emily Hunter YYYYYY
Emms...@aol.com Elisanne M. Mead YYYYYY
era...@era.eua.ericsson.se Krister Valtonen YYYYYY
e...@panix.com Emery Lapinski NNYYYN
ews...@midway.uchicago.edu Ellen W. Sung YY----
f44...@fsd.com Donna j. McNamara YYYYYY
fe...@mtnsys.wimsey.bc.ca Feng Chen ---Y-Y
FUR...@macc.wisc.edu Alan Furchtenicht NYYYNY
fu...@gl.umbc.edu Francis Uy ---N-Y
garnet...@onlinesys.com Garnet Quinn YYYYYY
Gary...@aol.com Gary Webb YYYYYY
ge...@Rational.COM Gene Ouye YYYYYY
geo...@cfar.umd.edu Geoffrey Ransom YYYYYY
ger...@panix.com Alan Gerber YYYYYY
ge...@pop2.cwru.edu Greg Sachs NNYYYY
gi...@dev.cdx.mot.com Bruce Giese YYYYYY
GPI...@VAXC.STEVENS-TECH.EDU Gary Pinke --Y---
GRams...@aol.com Glenn R. Ramsey, Jr. YYYYYY
gra...@seas.ucla.edu David Alan Grayson YYYYYY
gre...@cae.wisc.edu SCOTT GREENE ---Y--
gre...@aksi.net Jason Carter YYYYYY
gr...@hydra.acs.uci.edu John Mangrich YYYYYY
gr...@netcom.com Kiran Wagle YYYYYY
g...@shandakor.tharsis.com George Robbins YYYYYY
grum...@Sebastian.physics.lehigh.edu David W. Grumbine, Jr. YYYYYN
gt0...@prism.gatech.edu Brandon Smith NNYYNY
gwdo...@aol.com Doreen DeSalvo YYYYYY
ha...@calvin.usc.edu Jessica Hawks --Y--N
Hil...@Colorado.EDU Janet Swan Hill YYYYY-
hnod...@hpsidnod.sid.hp.com Heidi Noderer YNYNNY
holt...@metronet.lib.mi.us Meredith Holtz YYYYYY
hui...@chem.rug.nl Henk Huitema --YY-Y
hun...@asylum.sf.ca.us M. Elizabeth Hunter YYYYYY
iced...@u.washington.edu Ann Schmidt YYYYYY
IGUA...@aol.com Lance Pierre Fontaine YYYYYY
IMG...@uci.edu Irene Graff -NYY-N
isma...@students.wisc.edu Sita Ismangil YYYYYY
itl...@chip.ucdavis.edu Mark R. Cervarich --Y--Y
iw...@cus.cam.ac.uk Ian Jackson -YY--Y
j-l...@students.uiuc.edu James Lee YNYNNY
ja...@watson.ibm.com Jason Crawford Y-YYYY
jaw3...@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu walberg joel andrew YYYYYY
jcc...@csupomona.edu Curtis Clark Y-YYYY
jc...@l23je.jsc.nasa.gov Julia Chu YNY--Y
jcmu...@smurfland.cit.buffalo.edu Jeff Murphy NNNNNN
Jean-Ma...@larrun.univ-pau.fr j...@iutbay.univ-pau.fr (Jean-Marc NNYYYY
jedw...@chat.carleton.ca John Edwards YY-YYY
jeff...@kaiwan.com Jeff Harrison YYYNNN
je...@acs.bu.edu Jeff Yuan Y-YYYY
jgr...@uiuc.edu Joe Gross YYYYYY
jjr...@phoenix.Princeton.EDU Josh Roman YYYYYY
jkc...@uci.edu Jonathan K. Cohen YYYYNY
jkre...@trumpet.aix.calpoly.edu Jennifer Kretschmer NNNNNN
j...@silver.ucs.indiana.edu Julia Lawall YYYYYY
jly...@blue.weeg.uiowa.edu J Lycke YYYYYY
j...@minerva.cis.yale.edu Jakub Buchowski YYYYYY
jmo...@gov.nt.ca John Monroe YYYYYY
jmu...@marduk.berkeley.edu Jan Murphy -YYYYY
joa...@crl.com Joann Ko YNYNYN
j...@utdallas.edu Joseph M. Izen YYYYYY
john_...@QMAIL2.AERO.ORG John M. Coggi YNYYYY
jon...@io.org Trevor Tymchuk YYYYYY
jpat...@uoguelph.ca Julie Patenaude YYY-YY
jpen...@encore.com jan penovich YYYYYY
j...@globalvillag.com John R. MacWilliamson NNNNNN
jse...@sas.upenn.edu Jon L. Seydl YNY---
JSI...@SYSUBMC.BMC.COM Jennifer Simon (JSI...@SYSUBMC.BMC.COM) YYYYYY
jsi...@bosshog.arts.uwo.ca Jonathan A. Singer YNYNNY
jsm...@encore.com Joan Smith --Y---
jus...@seas.smu.edu Justin Anderson NNYNNN
JV2...@ALBNYVMS.BITNET Joseph Verhaeghe YYYYYY
jv...@ritz.mordor.com Jaldhar Vyas NNYYYY
ka...@mars.dgrc.doc.ca Karen Bryden YYYYYY
ka...@cruzio.com Michael Kass YNYYYY
ka...@taiiku.tsukuba.ac.jp Toshinobu Kawai YYYYYY
kbu...@ncsa.uiuc.edu Kristin Buxton YYYYYY
kdu...@cc.UManitoba.CA Karen Duncan YYYYYY
kei...@tiac.net Keith J. Roberts YNYNNY
ken.a...@delta.com Kenneth Ansley YY---Y
Ke...@alaska.net Kerry Jane Dunavant YYYYYY
Kevin.R...@Eng.Sun.COM Kevin Rushforth YYYYYY
ke...@dipl.rdd.lmsc.lockheed.com Kevin Anderson YNYNYN
kgod...@BBN.hsc.uth.tmc.edu Katherine Godfrey YYYYYY
ki...@iat.com Kimon Papahadjopoulos YYYYYY
KIN...@UNO.CC.GENESEO.EDU Ken Kinsey Y---YY
kmce...@VNET.IBM.COM Kerry Maureen McElwee YYYYYY
kmo...@hpbs559.boi.hp.com Kathy Moser YYYYYY
kr...@vuse.vanderbilt.edu P Krishnan NNNNNN
kr...@iprolink.ch Katja Rupp YYYYYY
kw...@chat.carleton.ca Kit Wai HA YYNNNY
lau...@microsoft.com Laura Seaver YYYYYY
lau...@mks.com Laurel McMacken YYYYYY
lep...@j51.com Louis Epstein YNNNYN
le...@seas.smu.edu Leyth Kedidi NNYNYN
lgold...@ils.nwu.edu Lon A. Goldstein Y-Y-YY
lin...@cybervision.kwic.net Lindsay Patten YYYYYY
li...@cmf.nrl.navy.mil Lisa K Noordergraaf YYYYYY
lis...@biovx1.biology.ucla.edu David Liston YYYYYY
litl...@slumberland.com Wendi Dunlap YYYYYY
llwi...@aol.com Laura Winters -YYYYY
lmey...@students.uiuc.edu Leigh Meydrech YYYYYY
lmic...@ctc.ctc.edu Linda L. Mickelberry YYYYYY
loosemor...@CS.YALE.EDU Sandra Loosemore YYYYYY
lra...@qualcomm.com LOIS RAILE Y-----
lro...@free.org Luis A. Rodriguez YYYYYY
lrwoo...@aol.com Lesli Woodruff YYYYYY
ls...@albnyvms.Bitnet Lorre Smith YNYNNY
luc...@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU Lucas Pereira YYYYYY
luisw....@hacienda.m400.gva.es M* Jose Martinez YYYYYY
lu...@ha.ha.gva.es Luis W. Sevilla YYYYYY
l...@IFM.LiU.SE L.D. Madsen YYYNYY
m.zi...@physics.oxford.ac.uk Martin Zinkin --YY-Y
malm...@VAX.CS.HSCSYR.EDU Leslie Malmgren YYYYYY
man...@pcmail01.crd.ge.com Ken Manning YNYYNY
ma...@algorithmics.com Marc Moorcroft NNNNNN
ma...@talent.ultranet.com Marc S. Gibian YYYYYY
mar...@PrimeNet.Com Marcio Watanabe YNYNNY
ma...@sdd.hp.com Mark Overton YYYYYY
mata...@cwis.isu.edu Zeke M. Towson YNNNYN
mat...@engr.LaTech.edu Kevin Matocha YYYYYY
MBur...@aol.com Michele D'Aquin YYY--Y
mc...@us.oracle.com mary carr YYYYYY
mcc...@lexmark.com Julie Miller YY----
mcco...@access.digex.net Susan McConihay YYYYYY
mco...@mdc.pdial.interpath.net Matt Cohen --YY-Y
mcs...@gate.net Bob A. Potter YYYNYN
m...@igs.net Diane MacMartin YYYYYY
mg...@smtplink.mssm.edu Martin Gold --YY-Y
mh...@raven.phs.com Mike Hatz YYYYYY
MHA...@hestia.fcs.uga.edu Mark Hazen YYYYYY
mhi...@freenet.columbus.oh.us Mary E. Hiser (second atttempt, first YYYYYY
m...@nicole.nwscon.sea06.navy.mil Michael Ho YYYYYY
MIBR...@delphi.com Mike Brooks YYYYYY
Michael....@Eng.Sun.COM Michael A. Ingrassia Y-Y--Y
MI...@stuaff.usc.edu Michael Crandall YYYYYY
mi...@PrimeNet.Com Michael Quinlan YYYYYY
mike...@interaccess.com Michael Kelly NNYYYY
mk...@ix.urz.uni-heidelberg.de Markus Kopf YYYYYY
m...@itchy.mi.net Michael Steeves NNYYYY
m...@RedBrick.COM M Mike Taksar ------
"monika::ratsch"@gtewd.mtv.gtegsc.com Monika Ratsch YYYYYY
mo...@bastille.cchem.berkeley.edu David Maurice YYYNNY
mos...@cfassp12.harvard.edu Amy Mossman YYYYYY
mrei...@pixi.com Melode Reinker YYYNYN
msat...@jungle.com Michael Sattler YYYYYY
msch...@gozer.idbsu.edu Michael Schicke --Y--N
ms...@Lehigh.EDU Matthew S. Parker NNNNNN
m...@aps.anl.gov Mike McDowell YYYYYY
n...@astro.Princeton.EDU Nan Ellman Y-----
Nancy...@oakqm3.sps.mot.com Nancy Iida YNYNNY
na...@ccrma.Stanford.EDU Fernando Lopez-Lezcano YYY-YY
nats...@DGS.dgsys.com Gary Cahn YYYYYY
ng...@k12.oit.umass.edu Nicholas B. Gold YYYYYY
ni...@inferno.fc.hp.com Nick Ingegneri NNNNNN
nim...@u.washington.edu Steve Nimocks --Y--Y
nlet...@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca Nicole Letawsky YNYYYY
nma...@athena.compulink.forthnet.gr Nikolaos Makrymanolakis YYYYYY
nott...@ecn.purdue.edu Lori Nottingham YYYYYY
obl...@nais.ccm.emr.ca Paul O'Blenes YNYY-Y
ols...@ix.netcom.com Liz Olson YYYYYY
ot...@vaxb.acs.unt.edu M. "Go skate or go home" Otto ------
overto...@macmail1.csg.mot.com Eric Overtoom Y-Y--Y
park...@CLASS.ORG Judith A. Carter --Y---
pe...@ulisse.rhein-main.de Peter Radig YYYYYY
pet...@ic.net Peter Campbell NNNNNN
pet...@whqpos3a.daytonoh.ATTGIS.COM Mike Peters YYYYYY
pfi...@ix.netcom.com Robert Farwell YYYYYN
Phil...@aol.com Paul Hanlin, Jr. NNNYNN
pit...@mira.ASTRO.Ucla.EDU Jo Pitesky YYYYYY
pivo...@nepo1.iaea.or.at Lorraine S. Pivornik YNYNYN
p...@cs.brown.edu Paton J. Lewis --Y---
pl...@cyber1.servtech.com Patricia Finch YYYYYY
PMAGERMA%ESOC....@vm.gmd.de Pol MAGERMANS YYYYYY
pmar...@common.net Pauline M. Marshall YYYYYY
pmg...@admin.presby.edu Penny M. Ginn --Y--Y
pos...@ctrvax.Vanderbilt.Edu Lynmarie Posey YY----
pp00...@interramp.com Richard G. Rateick, Jr. YYYYYY
pra...@cc.helsinki.fi Kristiina Prauda YNYNNY
PRE...@tdr.dk Preben G. Petersen YYYYYY
p...@mgweed.att.com Phil Gunsul YYYYYY
prob...@wharton.upenn.edu EDWARD L. PROBST NNYYYY
pro...@sos.sos.net prowan Y-----
ptb...@owl.WPI.EDU Pete Bastien NNNNNN
Randy....@cs.cmu.edu Randy Bryant YYYYYY
ran...@wam.umd.edu Geno Baccaglini (ran...@wam.umd.edu) -YY--Y
ran...@scubed.scubed.com Tom Rankin --YY-Y
ras...@nwu.edu Rashaun A. Smith Y----Y
ra...@gov.nt.ca Robert Slaven YYYYYY
Ray_...@qminternet.draper.com Raymond J. Magee YY---Y
r...@panix.com Robert Schmunk YYYYYY
r...@moontarz.nuance.com Ryan Waldron NNNNNN
rho...@ix.netcom.com Richard Hoover YYYYYY
ri...@bcm.tmc.edu Richard Miller NNYNYY
RJG...@uci.edu Roberta Geier YYY--Y
rloe...@badlands.NoDak.edu Rebecca Loerzel YYY--Y
rmc...@prairienet.org Ross McNeil YYYYYN
RMO...@unca.edu RICK MIALE YYYYYN
rms...@uci.edu Ruth M. Sylte YYYYYY
ro...@uscbu.ih.att.com Jacqueline E. Roach YYYYYY
robd...@ix.netcom.com Robin Page YYYYYY
robe...@hooked.net Robert Marshall YYYYYY
ROB...@HENDRX.BIOSCI.ARIZONA.EDU Sue Roberts YYYYYN
rtr...@IslandNet.com Ray Troyer YYYYYY
r...@MPGN.COM Rob Miracle YYYYYY
SAM...@CC.DENISON.EDU Phil Samuell YYYYYY
Scaul...@aol.com Susan Caulfield YYYYYY
SCHR...@PROCESS.COM Jeff Schreiber YYYYYY
schw...@paul.rutgers.edu Mark Schwabacher YYYYYY
SC...@aol.com Susan C. Musser YYYYYY
Scott.A....@Dartmouth.EDU Scott McElfresh NN--YY
se...@netcom.com Eric H. Seale YYYYYY
sempco!dkl...@uustar.starnet.net David K. M. Klaus YYYYYY
she...@data.orion-sim.com Sherri YY----
shoo...@Onramp.NET Shooshie YYYYYN
Sin...@bcde.demon.co.uk Steven Inglis YYYYYY
sjf...@execpc.com ---Y--
s...@acl.icnet.uk Saki Hajnal YYYYYY
skat...@aol.com Rick Barton NNYNNN
sks...@RT66.com Steven K. Showalter YYYYYY
sm...@ll.mit.edu Chester E. Small YYYYYY
smha...@ouray.cudenver.edu Steve Hartwell YYYNNY
smig...@stars.sed.monmouth.army.mil Robert Smigielski --Y--Y
smi...@gov.on.ca Norm Smith YY---Y
soa...@netcom.com Lynne Leeper YYYYYY
SOEHL_PN%WLD...@wl.corning.com Patrick N. Soehl YYYY-Y
Spar...@msn.com Michael Lambert Y-Y--Y
s...@minerva.inesc.pt Miguel Lemos Dias --Y--N
ssan...@umich.edu Susan M. Sanders YYYYYY
ss...@andrew.cmu.edu Susan Smith Y-Y-Y-
stai...@bga.com Dwight Brown NNNNNN
Steph...@aol.com Stephen Linhart YNYNNY
ste...@clam.rutgers.edu Robert M. Steuer, ste...@clam.rutgers.edu YYYYYY
Steve...@EMSS.CoM Steve Wingo NNYYYN
sti...@gate.net Ken Walter YY----
ST...@amanda.dorsai.org William Hao YYYYYY
Susan.M...@Dartmouth.EDU Susan M. Kennedy YYYYYY
swan...@ix.netcom.com Glen Swan YYYYYY
swh...@Starbase.NeoSoft.COM Steven Whatley YYYYYY
s...@col.hp.com Steve Peurifoy YYYYYY
SX...@PSUVM.PSU.EDU Susannah Milner YYYYYY
t.prey...@msn.sub.org Thomas Preymesser YYYYYY
tac...@ccs.carleton.ca Christina Craft YNYYYN
ta...@uunet.uu.net David C Lawrence --YY-Y
tb...@sybase.com TonyBasoglu NNNNNN
tbed...@freenet.columbus.oh.us Tom Bedwell YYYYYY
tda...@sensemedia.net Tara Dalton YYYYYY
ten...@io.com James Kiley YYYNYY
tfl...@encore.com Tonya R. Flynn YYYYYY
t...@netcom.com Thomas G. McWilliams NNNNNN
thd...@isye.gatech.edu Mark Tabladillo YYYYYY
t...@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca Joo Tan YYYYY-
tmu...@nova.umuc.edu Tony Murray YYYYYY
to...@panix.com Tom Benjamin YYYYYY
to...@madvax.mo.ti.com Tom Elrod YYYYYY
Torsten...@Informatik.TU-Chemnitz.DE tfr -YY--Y
tul...@host.yab.com Tim Wojtulewicz (tul...@host.yab.com) YYYYYY
tw...@mailhost.tcs.tulane.edu Thomas Ward --Y---
t...@cs.brown.edu Theodore W. Leung YYYYYY
U24...@vm.uci.kun.nl Rian van der Borgt YYYYYY
umbu...@cc.UManitoba.CA Robert Buisson NNYYYY
user...@aol.com Jim McConkey YYYYYY
vale...@wam.umd.edu Valerie Bonhomme Y-----
vic...@pilot.njin.net Vickie Mapes YYYYYY
Von...@aol.com Vonda Bohrer YYYYYY
vp...@zeus.towson.edu Veronica Plasewicz Y-Y--Y
way...@indirect.com Wayne Turner YYYYYY
weha...@wariat.org Bill Hansen YYYYYY
wei...@aloha.net Ethan Weiner YNNNNN
win...@lexmark.com Paul Wingert NNYYYY
X93...@wmich.edu Adrian Chew YYYYYY
yes...@uiuc.edu Eric Adams --Y--Y
yl...@postoffice.mail.cornell.edu Y. L. Teh YYYYYY
yw...@hmc.edu Yu-Tung Wong YYYYYY
ze...@u.washington.edu Merrilinn Zeppa Y-YNN-
zst...@mv.us.adobe.com Zalman Stern YYYYYY

Votes in error
bur...@uh2184p01.daytonoh.ATTGIS.COM Susan Burr
! No vote statement in message
CDo...@aol.com
! No ballot
cla...@ns.cencom.net James r. Clark
! No ballot
ei...@trondheim.folkebibl.no Einar Inge R{derg}rd, TrhBib1
! No ballot
FS...@VMS.AURORA.ALASKA.EDU
! No ballot
gle...@cs.uml.edu Black Francis
! No vote statement in message
gpet...@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca Grace Petrikowski
! No vote statement in message
JL...@VAX2.CONCORDIA.CA
! No vote statement in message
KitH...@aol.com
! No ballot
kyri...@mistral.esd.sgi.com George Kyriazis
! No ballot
lana...@ksccary.com Lou Soleo
! Invalid address
ro...@nesirs01.iaea.or.at Lorri Pivornik
! Invalid address
sjs...@cs.UMD.EDU Stephen Joseph Smith
! No vote statement in message
THO...@delphi.com NAME
! No ballot
tjc...@unity.ncsu.edu Thomas James Cyrus
! No ballot
UVA...@aol.com
! No ballot
VNQ...@prodigy.com Marty Shellhammer
! No vote statement in message
wth...@decster.uta.edu Billy Harris
! No ballot

--
Jay Maynard, EMT-P, K5ZC, PP-ASEL | Never ascribe to malice that which can
http://k5zc.hsc.uth.tmc.edu | adequately be explained by stupidity.

"People who live in glass houses should get dressed with the lights out."
-- Yakko Warner

Susan Burr

Apr 19, 1995, 3:00:00 AM4/19/95
OK - so when does this go into effect and how do I find the figure
and recreational newsgroups? I have forgotten what goes into the
misc group. If it's anything to do with _ice_ skating, I will have to
find that one too. Will the newsgroup we are using now go away?
What will happen to any postings that are made here and not read
or replied to?

"Internet Novice" Susan

==========Jay Maynard, 4/14/95==========