free.metaphysics

Dale

Mar 8, 2021, 7:31:04 AM3/8/21
A couple years ago with Altopia.com I got free.metaphysics created.

eternal-september.org carries it

aioe.org carries it

but I have heard it is not listed on ...

ftp://ftp.isc.org/pub/usenet/CONFIG/active

is this where I ask to get it listed?

--
Dale -> https://www.dalekelly.org/
Universalist <-> Mystic <-> Medium

Adam H. Kerman

Mar 8, 2021, 2:28:32 PM3/8/21
Dale <da...@dalekelly.org> wrote:

>A couple years ago with Altopia.com I got free.metaphysics created.

>eternal-september.org carries it

>aioe.org carries it

>but I have heard it is not listed on ...

>ftp://ftp.isc.org/pub/usenet/CONFIG/active

>is this where I ask to get it listed?

No. This is the wrong newsgroup. free.config would have been the correct
newsgroup.

news.groups discusses groups in the Big 8 hierarchy. The hierarchy
administrators of the Big 8 do not maintain free.*. free.* is maintained
on a DYOFDW basis.

There is no Usenet central.

I've pointed this out to you several times already.

ftp.isc.org runs a News server for the purpose of testing control
messages. If a newgroup message is in correct syntax, then both active
and newsgroups files in ftp://ftp.isc.org/pub/usenet/CONFIG are updated.

For this purpose, the Newsgroups file line is required.

This is what yours looks like:

For your newsgroups.
free.metaphysics The first free.* hierarchy metaphysics group.

The Newsgroups file line syntax is explained in the document I've already
pointed you to:

ftp://ftp.isc.org/pub/usenet/CONFIG/README

You fucked up. That's why it's not in the active file nor the newsgroups
file at ftp.isc.org.

Why have you "heard"? You're supposed to verify it for yourself that
your newgroup message was in correct syntax and got processed.

Now, read Russ's README as I've told you to and make sure you get the
syntax of the Newsgroups file line correct BEFORE sending the newgroup
message, otherwise your error is archived for all time as it is here.

If you can't be bothered to follow syntax, then please stop sending
newgroup messages.

Adam H. Kerman

Mar 8, 2021, 3:08:20 PM3/8/21
Adam H. Kerman <a...@chinet.com> wrote:
>Dale <da...@dalekelly.org> wrote:

>>A couple years ago with Altopia.com I got free.metaphysics created.

>>eternal-september.org carries it

>>aioe.org carries it

>>but I have heard it is not listed on ...

>>ftp://ftp.isc.org/pub/usenet/CONFIG/active

>>is this where I ask to get it listed?

>No. This is the wrong newsgroup. free.config would have been the correct
>newsgroup.

Make that free.control. For whatever reason, that's the newsgroup skirv
sent the newgroup message for. Someone later sent a newgroup for
free.config but it's not widely created and barely used over the
decades.

You should have started this thread in free.control.

Dale

Mar 8, 2021, 3:41:28 PM3/8/21
I didn't know the syntax then

will use it in the future