test

Dale

Jul 17, 2021, 11:40:25 AM7/17/21

Adam H. Kerman

Jul 17, 2021, 12:31:58 PM7/17/21
Dale <da...@dalekelly.org> wrote:

You've been asked numerous times to NEVER send a test article to a
regular Usenet newsgroup. Use *.test newsgroups only.

Dale

Jul 17, 2021, 12:38:19 PM7/17/21
checking if the group was moderated

Adam H. Kerman

Jul 17, 2021, 12:41:06 PM7/17/21
Dale <da...@dalekelly.org> wrote:
>On 7/17/2021 12:31 PM, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
>>Dale <da...@dalekelly.org> wrote:

>>You've been asked numerous times to NEVER send a test article to a
>>regular Usenet newsgroup. Use *.test newsgroups only.

>checking if the group was moderated

That's not an excuse to post a test article to a regular Usenet
newsgroup ever. Just post a real article.

You said you were looking at the active file. Well, there's a moderated
flag if the newsgroup is moderated.

Dale

Jul 17, 2021, 12:48:56 PM7/17/21
On 7/17/2021 12:41 PM, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
> Dale <da...@dalekelly.org> wrote:
>> On 7/17/2021 12:31 PM, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
>>> Dale <da...@dalekelly.org> wrote:
>
>>> You've been asked numerous times to NEVER send a test article to a
>>> regular Usenet newsgroup. Use *.test newsgroups only.
>
>> checking if the group was moderated
>
> That's not an excuse to post a test article to a regular Usenet
> newsgroup ever. Just post a real article.
>
> You said you were looking at the active file. Well, there's a moderated
> flag if the newsgroup is moderated.

haven't learned how to use the active file yet

that only lists groups in accordance to isc.org standards though

Dale

Jul 17, 2021, 12:52:49 PM7/17/21
On 7/17/2021 12:31 PM, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
if I am checking a particular group I will use ...

[OT] in the subject from now on

Adam H. Kerman

Jul 17, 2021, 6:11:15 PM7/17/21
Dale <da...@dalekelly.org> wrote:
>On 7/17/2021 12:31 PM, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
>>Dale <da...@dalekelly.org> wrote:

>>You've been asked numerous times to NEVER send a test article to a
>>regular Usenet newsgroup. Use *.test newsgroups only.

>if I am checking a particular group I will use ...

>[OT] in the subject from now on

You're not listening. It has nothing to do with using a Subject tag. It
has to do with NEVER posting a test article to a regular newsgroup.

If you want to post a real article, then post a real article. Never ever
post a test article.

Dale

Jul 17, 2021, 9:10:36 PM7/17/21
I think I can come up with a real article.

Rink

Aug 3, 2021, 6:33:34 AM8/3/21
Op 17-7-2021 om 18:41 schreef Adam H. Kerman:
I like to learn :-)
How (and where) can I see the moderated flag?

I'm using Thunderbird 68.12.1 (32 bits).

Rink

Jason Evans

Aug 4, 2021, 1:40:43 PM8/4/21
Rink wrote:

> I like to learn :-)
> How (and where) can I see the moderated flag?
>
> I'm using Thunderbird 68.12.1 (32 bits).
>
> Rink

Thunderbird doesn't have that functionality. My suggestion is to download
https://ftp.isc.org/usenet/CONFIG/newsgroups (it's about 2.4MB) and use that
as your master list of newsgroups. It will tell you if a newsgroup is
moderated or not.

Jason