Re: Moderation backlog

Adam H. Kerman

Oct 8, 2021, 3:21:28 PM10/8/21
Tristan Miller <tmi...@big-8.org> wrote:

>Dear all,

>The moderators of this group were recently alerted to the fact that
>submissions have not been appearing. Unfortunately, it seems that the
>moderation system had been holding but not informing us about new
>submissions since January 2021.

>We have just approved six submissions to this group dating back to
>January 2021. Unfortunately, the "Date" header of these articles makes
>it appear as though they were all posted today. Please bear this in mind
>when reading or replying to these articles. (In some cases the actual
>submission date is found in the "NNTP-Posting-Date" header.)

>We apologize for the inconvenience and are working on resolving the
>issue with the moderation system.

>Sincerely,
>Tristan Miller
>news.groups.proposal co-moderator

Jason and Tristan:

If the moderation's team isn't regularly checking that the
proto-moderation system is working correctly, you are making your own
argument as to why moderated proposal discussion is a bad idea.

It's long past time to drop news.groups.proposals and direct that RFD
followups all be made to news.groups. Rmgroup this unwanted newsgroup.