RESULT: comp.lang.go will be created

Usenet Big-8 Management Board

Oct 7, 2023, 5:30:10 PM10/7/23
RESULT
unmoderated group comp.lang.go

The Last Call for Comments (LCC) on 2023-09-25 initiated a five-day
period for final comments. Following this comment period, the Big-8
Management Board voted to create the unmoderated newsgroup comp.lang.go.
The vote was 2 in favour and 0 opposed. One member did not vote.

NEWSGROUP LINE:

comp.lang.go The Go programming language (Golang)

CHARTER:

comp.lang.go will be a unmoderated group where people interested in the
Go programming language can share ideas and topics, help each other, and
keep up with interesting projects.

DISTRIBUTION:

This document has been posted to the following newsgroups:

news.announce.newgroups
news.groups.proposals
comp.lang.misc

PROPONENT:

Name: ReK2
Email: re...@hispagatos.org
Gemini: gemini://rek2.hispagatos.org

CHANGE HISTORY:

2023-07-03 1st RFD
2023-09-22 Final RFD / Last Call for Comments
2023-09-25 Final RFD / Last Call for Comments (revised)
2023-10-07 Result

candycanearter07

Oct 7, 2023, 9:17:40 PM10/7/23
Hope the group is used well.

Jack Of All Trades

Oct 9, 2023, 8:09:14 AM10/9/23
You need to tell Thai spammers about this newsgroup so that they can use
it well.

rek2 hispagatos

Oct 9, 2023, 8:09:14 AM10/9/23
On 2023-10-07, Usenet Big-8 Management Board <bo...@big-8.org> wrote:
> RESULT
> unmoderated group comp.lang.go

Nice! when will this be created/announce it so I can share it
on the matrix go groups and such ?
I already have some content to post.
Thanks for the supporters and non-supporters I hope we
can help with this bring new people into our loved
usenet.

PS: there are a bunch of people writting usenet/nntp tools
in GO I am sure is going to be used in a good way.

Happy Hacking
ReK2

--
- {gemini,https}://{,rek2.}hispagatos.org - mastodon: @re...@hispagatos.space
- [https|gemini]://2600.Madrid - https://hispagatos.space/@rek2

rek2 hispagatos

Oct 9, 2023, 11:09:42 AM10/9/23

>>> 2023-07-03 1st RFD
>>> 2023-09-22 Final RFD / Last Call for Comments
>>> 2023-09-25 Final RFD / Last Call for Comments (revised)
>>> 2023-10-07 Result
>>>

>> Hope the group is used well.
>
> You need to tell Thai spammers about this newsgroup so that they can use
> it well.

LOL noo :)

Rayner Lucas

Oct 9, 2023, 5:25:27 PM10/9/23
In article <ufv22o$2b6u6$1...@matrix.hispagatos.org>, rek2
@hispagatos.org.invalid says...

> On 2023-10-07, Usenet Big-8 Management Board <bo...@big-8.org> wrote:
> > RESULT
> > unmoderated group comp.lang.go
> >

> Nice! when will this be created/announce it so I can share it
> on the matrix go groups and such ?
> I already have some content to post.
> Thanks for the supporters and non-supporters I hope we
> can help with this bring new people into our loved
> usenet.

The official control messages for Big-8 groups are actually posted by
the ISC, and I've just seen that they've sent the newgroup message
(thanks, Russ and Todd!). This newgroup message will also get reposted
several times to ensure that as many servers as possible receive it.

News providers will then need to act on the control message and create
the group on their servers. I can see that Eternal September has already
done so.

Yes, please start some discussions and promote the group anywhere you
think there will be people interested in using it. The more people who
know about the group and use it, the better it will be.

> PS: there are a bunch of people writting usenet/nntp tools
> in GO I am sure is going to be used in a good way.

Excellent, I hope a lot of people find the group useful!

Best regards,
Rayner

Spiros Bousbouras

Oct 25, 2023, 9:36:25 PM10/25/23
On Mon, 9 Oct 2023 17:23:43 CST
Rayner Lucas <usenet...@magic-cookie.co.ukNOSPAMPLEASE> wrote:
> In article <ufv22o$2b6u6$1...@matrix.hispagatos.org>, rek2
> @hispagatos.org.invalid says...
> >
> > On 2023-10-07, Usenet Big-8 Management Board <bo...@big-8.org> wrote:
> > > RESULT
> > > unmoderated group comp.lang.go
> > >

> > Nice! when will this be created/announce it so I can share it
> > on the matrix go groups and such ?
> > I already have some content to post.
> > Thanks for the supporters and non-supporters I hope we
> > can help with this bring new people into our loved
> > usenet.
>
> The official control messages for Big-8 groups are actually posted by
> the ISC, and I've just seen that they've sent the newgroup message
> (thanks, Russ and Todd!). This newgroup message will also get reposted
> several times to ensure that as many servers as possible receive it.
>
> News providers will then need to act on the control message and create
> the group on their servers. I can see that Eternal September has already
> done so.

How long does it typically take ? Because I just checked

news.i2pn2.org
news.chmurka.net
news2.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de
news.cyber23.de
paganini.bofh.team
news.dizum.net
news.usenet.ovh

and none of them have it. news.mixmin.net has it.

--
vlaho.ninja/menu