Building Quality Usenet Newsgroups

Ray Osborne

May 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/5/96

newsgroups: atl.jobs,atl.general,ga.forsale

RAY...@worldnet.att.net (Ray Osborne) wrote:

>1) There are many states in the south like SC,AL,Tenn, Kentucy,MS,
>Ark. that do not have their own regional jobs newsgroup this newsgroup
>would give them representation for their jobs.

>Just as a point of information, Alabama, Tennessee, and South Carolina all
>have their own regional newsgroups. I think Mississippi does, and I'm not
>sure about Kentucky.

Just as a test I went to the search engine at Career Magazine and
did a geographical search on jobs in the South Carolina, Alabama,
Tennessee and even Kentucky and found jobs in those areas but when
you look at where the jobs were posted you will see that the job
poster
did not use these newsgroups. They only used misc.jobs.offered. The
reason
is they did not know about these newsgroups. These newsgroup are not
known about by job seekers and employers alike.

I have been talking to many new adminstrators of universities and
have down my homework. If we can launch a
US.SOUTHEAST.NON.TECHNICAL.JOBS
and US.SOUTHEAST.TECHNICAL.JOBS I will be able to utilize many
resources
to promote it well. Ensuring that employers and job seekers will use
them. Already I have talked to Career Magazine promoting this proposed
newsgroup in getting them to post job openings.