Proper Moderation for Quality Usenet Newsgroups

1 view

Ray Osborne

May 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/5/96

>In the us.jobs.* hierarchy, I happen to know there are thousands of
>cross-posts per week. *In general*, on Usenet, cross-posters are stupid.
>Obviously job advertisers might be exceptions.
>But my hunch is that your non-tech group will have to be moderated, and
>given the volume you can expect, this strikes me as an impossibility.

I am looking at Robomoderation to handle this. Once I get support with
a team who would like to see this materialize we will discuss the
charter
and scripts that can weed out any garbage that we don't want in the
newsgroup. Once this is done it will be carried over to the news
adminstrators who can implement the software ensuring a quality
newsgroup.

>I hope you find someone who knows more than me who's more optimistic...

I have found many people interested in this. And I thank you for your
input it has helped me think this all out better.

If you all interested in joining our team in designing a charter
I welcome you to send email "mailto:r...@netctrl.com"