Java comes alive with JavaVLM (TM) version 2.0!

Ian Bennett

Aug 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/21/00
Hello folks,

Please feel free to checkout a new Virtual Light Machine (VLM) available
free on the web now -
http://www.advancesolutions.co.uk/javavlm_vn2_0/ - it's great fun and
fascinating to watch.

For those of you that haven't experienced a VLM before, it produces lots
of moving colours, shapes, weird thangs and laverley swirly and fractal like
bits ;-) Yes I know that's a vague description, but it's got to be seen to
be
appreciated.

It reminds me of the Atari Jaguar VLM that Jeff and I created several years
ago. JavaVLM (TM) vn 2 plays some music tracks, but doesn't respond
to them (as did the JagVLM) - this could be in vn3 (if I get to create a
vn3).

There's 100 different effects to watch and interact with, and you can
even design your own effects and save them in a user set. Instructions are
on the web page.

You may have to download the Sun Java plug-in thang, but this only
needs to be downloaded once (and we all have flat rate web access now,
don't we?! - go make some tea!). There's a gallery with a pic from each
effect to whet your appetite and compel you to download it.

JavaVLM (TM) really is quite beautiful to watch (set your res to 800 * 600
for a gorgeous screenful of weird stuff!) and is totally captivating, and
I'm not being at all biased in that, he he!

Give your optical receptors a well earned treat and check it out now,
it won't cost you a penny, you won't get bombarded with spam, and
you might even like it.

Cheers, Ian

Marc Mercer

Aug 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/21/00

Living coffee... now there's a scary thought.