SPEWS: S373 Incorrect listing

Abuse

Aug 27, 2004, 10:19:29 AM8/27/04

Spews has somehow decided that our class C , 38.117.195.X, falls under the
listing for record #S373. No where in this report on spews is our IP range
listed. There are quite a few from other ranges under 38.117, such as
38.117.3, 38.117.11, 38.117.13 and many more. None of these match our class
C, though. Apparently, spews has decided it is just easier to list the
entire 38.117. range. How about fixing this and listing the actual class Cs
of the spammer instead of doing some massive overkill and listing a class B.

Randolf Richardson

Aug 27, 2004, 11:20:07 PM8/27/04
""Abuse" <ab...@your-site.NOSPAM.com>" wrote in news.admin.net-abuse:

Actually, you need to ask your upstream provider to fix this problem
since they are the ones who ultimately have the real power when it comes to
terminating spammers. Of course, if they're not interested in getting
spammers off their systems, then perhaps you need to find an ISP who both
takes the spam problem seriously, and doesn't permit the theft-of-service
tactics that spammers just love to employ.

Spam-friendly ISPs are regularly blacklisted in SPEWS.org. The
smarter ISPs who understand the basics of business understand the
importance of not allowing spammers on their network.

For more perspective on this issue, the following document will
explain the "divide" that has been growing between ISPs:

Good-bye to middle class ISPs
http://www.inter-corporate.com/spam/classes.html

Please feel free to include your ISP's response regarding your request
to have them terminate their spamming customers' accounts.

--
Sir Randolf, noble spam fighter - r...@8x.ca
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Please do not eMail me directly when responding to
my postings in the newsgroups.

Sending eMail to other SMTP servers is a privilege.

hi

Aug 30, 2004, 1:39:42 AM8/30/04
this is a test post for infomation technology