google groups announcement

Feb 21, 2024, 8:52:30 AMFeb 21
once google closes the flood gate, will google issue an announcement?

The Doctor

Feb 21, 2024, 9:54:31 AMFeb 21
In article <79aa7e6ed34942c6...@dizum.com>, D <J@M> wrote:
>once google closes the flood gate, will google issue an announcement?

Already done!
--
Member - Liberal International This is doc...@nk.ca Ici doc...@nk.ca
What worth the power of law that won't stop lawlessness? -unknown

Feb 21, 2024, 11:18:58 AMFeb 21
On Wed, 21 Feb 2024 14:54:28 -0000 (UTC), doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor) wrote:
>In article <79aa7e6ed34942c6...@dizum.com>, D <J@M> wrote:
>>once google closes the flood gate, will google issue an announcement?
>
>Already done!

still seeing new google groups articles being posted, e.g. news:rec.arts.tv
75d08cd5-c695-45b2...@googlegroups.com 21 Feb 2024 15:24:47

Feb 21, 2024, 11:59:08 AMFeb 21
On Wed, 21 Feb 2024 14:54:28 -0000 (UTC), doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor) wrote:
>In article <79aa7e6ed34942c6...@dizum.com>, D <J@M> wrote:
>>once google closes the flood gate, will google issue an announcement?
>
>Already done!

still seeing new google groups articles being posted, e.g. news:rec.arts.tv
3e11ce8f-bd78-4fc0...@googlegroups.com 21 Feb 2024 16:38:35

Blueshirt

Feb 21, 2024, 12:06:50 PMFeb 21
Come back tomorrow... it's not the 22nd yet!

Feb 21, 2024, 3:34:45 PMFeb 21
only curious how the usenet world might be notified that google had
in fact shut down their usenet connection as per their announcement;
could "news.admin.peering" be the best newsgroup to await the first
confirmation that this widely-publicized decommission has occurred?
if google were to make this announcement, that would close the case

Feb 21, 2024, 4:35:04 PMFeb 21
On Wed, 21 Feb 2024 14:54:28 -0000 (UTC), doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor) wrote:
>In article <79aa7e6ed34942c6...@dizum.com>, D <J@M> wrote:
>>once google closes the flood gate, will google issue an announcement?
>
>Already done!

p.s. the popular "r.a.t." newsgroup might be a reliable barometer for when
the google groups mondation (universal flood) suddenly shuts off the spigot

still seeing new google groups articles being posted, e.g. news:rec.arts.tv
4c0f0cb5-1836-40bd...@googlegroups.com 21 Feb 2024 21:22:00

Adam W.

Feb 21, 2024, 4:35:11 PMFeb 21
D <J@m> wrote:

> only curious how the usenet world might be notified that google had
> in fact shut down their usenet connection as per their announcement;
> could "news.admin.peering" be the best newsgroup to await the first
> confirmation that this widely-publicized decommission has occurred?
> if google were to make this announcement, that would close the case

They probably don't care about the Usenet.

I will be notified by huge amounts of Thai spam suddenly dropping to zero
(I monitor them and they still appear in huge quantities, fortunately my
server takes care for them).

The Doctor

Feb 21, 2024, 6:23:49 PMFeb 21
They said 22 Feb, no specific GMT timing.

The Doctor

Feb 21, 2024, 6:24:06 PMFeb 21
In article <xn0oicez7...@news.eternal-september.org>,
Well is Aus ...

Feb 21, 2024, 6:35:44 PMFeb 21
On Wed, 21 Feb 2024 14:54:28 -0000 (UTC), doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor) wrote:
>In article <79aa7e6ed34942c6...@dizum.com>, D <J@M> wrote:
>>once google closes the flood gate, will google issue an announcement?
>
>Already done!

. . .

still seeing new google groups articles being posted, e.g. news:rec.arts.tv
e73c83ff-ef19-49a4...@googlegroups.com 21 Feb 2024 23:08:20

Feb 21, 2024, 9:16:39 PMFeb 21
On Wed, 21 Feb 2024 14:54:28 -0000 (UTC), doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor) wrote:
>In article <79aa7e6ed34942c6...@dizum.com>, D <J@M> wrote:
>>once google closes the flood gate, will google issue an announcement?
>
>Already done!

still seeing new google groups articles being posted, e.g. news:rec.arts.tv
5e94fe3d-268f-48a9...@googlegroups.com 22 Feb 2024 01:54:06

The Doctor

Feb 21, 2024, 9:58:50 PMFeb 21
Already done on this node!