Game over for APEWS

Claus v. Wolfhausen

Aug 13, 2007, 10:47:49 AM8/13/07
UCEPROTECT-Network will shutdown the APEWS zones within the next 2 hours.

I have seen you removed many ranges during the last 3 days,
but you can't really expect me to mirror a DNSBL thinking
they can list one of the cleanest German hosters ever seen.

You have proved that you should not be used by following listing:

Entry matching your Query: E-282547
88.198.0.0/16 CASE: C-1
Automatic escalation Step 1 of 4
System listed for multiple SMTP abuses on different targets.
If you are impacted by this listing, talk to your provider.
He has to kick off spammers even faster.Special Reason:
Only the ASN/CIDR owner can solve this listing by actioning FAQ 42 apews.org
SHUTDOWN BOTS, ZOMBIES, NET ABUSEHistory:
Entry created 2007-08-06

Looking up that range at UCEPROTECT-Network, i can just find *one* lousy IP
listed in the whole /16.

See: http://www.uceprotect.net/en/rblcheck.php?ipr=88.198.0.0

Hetzner is one of most professional and clean hosters in Germany.

We also have servers at Hetzner, because they are a very good provider.

Your spite listing of 88.198.0.0/16 also listed one of our servers and some
of our customer and business partners.

de-mirror-2.uceprotect.net = 88.198.149.70 was also one of the servers,
which had mirrored your zones.

--
Claus von Wolfhausen
UCEPROTECT-Projektleitung

--
Claus von Wolfhausen
UCEPROTECT-Projektleitung
http://www.uceprotect.net

--
Comments posted to news.admin.net-abuse.blocklisting
are solely the responsibility of their author. Please

Michael Golden

Aug 13, 2007, 3:10:09 PM8/13/07
Claus v. Wolfhausen wrote:

> UCEPROTECT-Network will shutdown the APEWS zones within the next 2
> hours.
>
> I have seen you removed many ranges during the last 3 days,
> but you can't really expect me to mirror a DNSBL thinking
> they can list one of the cleanest German hosters ever seen.
>
> You have proved that you should not be used by following listing:
>
> Entry matching your Query: E-282547
> 88.198.0.0/16 CASE: C-1
> Automatic escalation Step 1 of 4
> System listed for multiple SMTP abuses on different targets.
> If you are impacted by this listing, talk to your provider.
> He has to kick off spammers even faster.Special Reason:
> Only the ASN/CIDR owner can solve this listing by actioning FAQ 42
> apews.org SHUTDOWN BOTS, ZOMBIES, NET ABUSEHistory:
> Entry created 2007-08-06
>

> Looking up that range at UCEPROTECT-Network, i can just find one

> lousy IP listed in the whole /16.
>
> See: http://www.uceprotect.net/en/rblcheck.php?ipr=88.198.0.0
>
> Hetzner is one of most professional and clean hosters in Germany.
>
> We also have servers at Hetzner, because they are a very good
> provider.
>
> Your spite listing of 88.198.0.0/16 also listed one of our servers
> and some of our customer and business partners.
>
> de-mirror-2.uceprotect.net = 88.198.149.70 was also one of the
> servers, which had mirrored your zones.

Claus,

Thank you for running UCEPROTECT in a professional manner.

Al

Aug 13, 2007, 7:24:18 PM8/13/07
On Aug 13, 3:10 pm, "Michael Golden" <mgol...@bkbusa.com> wrote:

> > Your spite listing of 88.198.0.0/16 also listed one of our servers
> > and some of our customer and business partners.
>
> > de-mirror-2.uceprotect.net = 88.198.149.70 was also one of the
> > servers, which had mirrored your zones.
>
> Claus,
>
> Thank you for running UCEPROTECT in a professional manner.

Agreed. It's good to see. I've updated my information and summary on
DNSBL.com accordingly.

http://tinyurl.com/ynvxql

Regards,
Al Iverson
http://www.dnsbl.com

O. Notka

Aug 14, 2007, 9:56:16 AM8/14/07
Hi,

not only this block is listen, also 85.14./16 and this block has more
than one isp.
Our Route Block 85.14.192/18 is in this.

Regards Oliver Notka
UNITED COLO GmbH Alias [NGZ]Gulibert
System Admin Network Engineer
Sonntagsanger 1 96450 Coburg