UCEPROTECT Understanding AS Listings

Josh

Jan 6, 2010, 6:24:57 AM1/6/10
This page http://www.uceprotect.net/en/rblcheck.php?ipr=64.91.124.201

currently shows AS {23126} as listed with 620,544 IPs and 39,830 Level
1 listings in the last 7 days.

While this page http://www.uceprotect.net/en/rblcheck.php?asn=23126

shows it unlisted with 87,552 IPs and 42 Level 1 complaints in the
last 7 days.

The first page references AS 5668 and I thought that might have
something to do with it, but adding in the numbers for that AS still
doesn't make it add up to anything I find meaningful.

Can anyone explain the discrepancies in how I'm reading the numbers?

- Josh

--
Comments posted to news.admin.net-abuse.blocklisting
are solely the responsibility of their author. Please

Josh

Jan 7, 2010, 2:59:01 PM1/7/10
On Jan 6, 6:24 am, Josh <josh.hu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> This pagehttp://www.uceprotect.net/en/rblcheck.php?ipr=64.91.124.201

> currently shows AS {23126} as listed with 620,544 IPs and 39,830 Level
> 1 listings in the last 7 days.
>
> While this pagehttp://www.uceprotect.net/en/rblcheck.php?asn=23126

> shows it unlisted with 87,552 IPs and 42 Level 1 complaints in the
> last 7 days.
>
> The first page references AS 5668 and I thought that might have
> something to do with it, but adding in the numbers for that AS still
> doesn't make it add up to anything I find meaningful.
>
> Can anyone explain the discrepancies in how I'm reading the numbers?
>
> - Josh

The discrepancy has disappeared since the above post was made.

Claus v. Wolfhausen

Jan 8, 2010, 10:01:16 PM1/8/10
In article <80068e0a-594b-4e66...@t42g2000vba.googlegroups.com>,
josh....@gmail.com says...

>This page http://www.uceprotect.net/en/rblcheck.php?ipr=64.91.124.201
>
>currently shows AS {23126} as listed with 620,544 IPs and 39,830 Level
>1 listings in the last 7 days.
>
>While this page http://www.uceprotect.net/en/rblcheck.php?asn=23126
>
>shows it unlisted with 87,552 IPs and 42 Level 1 complaints in the
>last 7 days.
>
>The first page references AS 5668 and I thought that might have
>something to do with it, but adding in the numbers for that AS still
>doesn't make it add up to anything I find meaningful.
>
>Can anyone explain the discrepancies in how I'm reading the numbers?

You have found a display error in our website. Fixed.
Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
The listing of IP 64.91.124.201 in AS 5668 is correct.
BGP routing table entry for 64.91.0.0/17
Paths: (6 available, best #6, table Default-IP-Routing-Table)
Not advertised to any peer
29449 5392 6453 3561 22561 5668 {23126}, (aggregated by 5668 0.0.0.0)
Origin IGP, localpref 100, valid, external
Last update: Sat Jan 2 21:06:18 2010

--
Claus von Wolfhausen
Technical Director