getting recognition for a worthwhile alt. group

Event Horizon -Also James

Sep 3, 1994, 10:31:23 PM9/3/94

I have a friend who started a new alt group, namely alt.support.diabetes.kids.
I'm not certain exactly how it was begun, but I know it was not done via the
usual
way of starting a new group, i.e. proposal, call for votes, etc.

I sent the person a copy of the info on "how to start a new Usenet group",
but I would like to be able to tell her that her new group is OK as-is.
Someone says it will not last because of how it was initiated.

This person is absolutely serious about the group, which as the name implies
is a support group for (parents of) diabetic kids, separate in function
from misc.health.diabetes.

Anythign special I c an tell her? Can her new alt. group be made respect-
able?

Advice welcome! Please send to my email address, jame...@delphi.com.

Thank you..
James

Joel K. Furr

Sep 4, 1994, 12:02:26 AM9/4/94
In article <RY9ROVD....@delphi.com>,

Event Horizon -Also "James <jame...@delphi.com> wrote:
>I have a friend who started a new alt group, namely alt.support.diabetes.kids.
>I'm not certain exactly how it was begun, but I know it was not done via the
>usual
>way of starting a new group, i.e. proposal, call for votes, etc.

alt.groups don't get voted on. They usually do get proposed and
discussed before someone creates them, as alt.support.diabetes.kids was,
so you have no problem there.

>I sent the person a copy of the info on "how to start a new Usenet group",
>but I would like to be able to tell her that her new group is OK as-is.
>Someone says it will not last because of how it was initiated.

That someone is barking up the wrong tree. It was created in absolutely
proper fashion. It was discussed in alt.config and then, after a
reasonable amount of time to hear all opinions, was created.

>Anythign special I c an tell her? Can her new alt. group be made respect-
>able?

It already is. No need to worry.
--
Joel Furr(ian): Armenian crook/criminal/wacko, Big Kahuna of alt.fan.lemurs,
Moderator of alt.folklore.suburban and comp.society.folklore, Co-Moderator

Earl P. N. Duque

Sep 6, 1994, 11:10:46 AM9/6/94
So I have a question. My girlfriend's nephew was diagnosed with
diabetes. He's 17 months old and his mother is having a difficult
time managing his diet. We've heard that she's given him powder
sugar donuts and other unheatlthy foods.
One day all he had was diet coke and fruit juice because
he refused to eat anything else. That day his count was in the 200
range. Does anyone have pointers to good books or support groups
for parents? Oh, BTW the parents live in Kingwood,TX a suburb about
40 miles north east of Houston.

Cheers.
e.

Joel K. Furr

Sep 11, 1994, 4:10:41 AM9/11/94
NOTE: This message was originally addressed to ALL
and was forwarded to you by RANDY CONRAD

johnwe...@gmail.com

Sep 11, 2018, 9:07:26 PM9/11/18