Regarding mass postings by Marz@getfucked.com and Nicholas Randall Forystek

News Guy

Nov 13, 2017, 8:39:41 AM11/13/17
On Friday, Nov 10 / 2017, a dimwit going by the handle
"Ma...@getfucked.com" sequentially crossposted to thousands of
newsgroups, 5 groups at a time, from what appears to be an Easynews account.

This is what the fool posted:

===========
Subject: Uploads - What is wrong with Easynews
From: Ma...@getfucked.com
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2017 14:17:23 GMT

Looking for Star Trek Discovery season 1 Episodes 6 onwards in english.
Why does it seem there are no posts any more ???
===========

This mass posting is similar to the one performed by Nicholas Randall
Forystek <nfor...@outlook.com> on July 12, 2016:

===========
Subject: .
From: Nicholas Randall Forystek <nfor...@outlook.com>

(there was no content other than a few dozen . characters)
===========

My questions regarding the Marz posts:

Was his question answered? Did anyone, in any group, post a useful
answer to his reprehensible and inappropriately-posted question?

Did he know he was multi and cross-posting to (seemingly) every and all
newsgroups carried by Easynews?

Why does (did) Easynews allow such a series of posts to be made in the
first place?

My questions regarding how independent or small-scale nntp operators
interact with or peer with the paid news providers:

Given that (some? many?) paid providers don't seem to prohibit mass
spamming to hundreds or thousands of text groups by their customers, why
is there a peering arrangement between the paid providers (who exist
largely to provide fee-based binary NNTP groups) and the small-scale
NNTP operators (who exist largely to provide free access to text-based
groups)?

David Solimano

Nov 13, 2017, 9:51:08 PM11/13/17
On Mon, 13 Nov 2017 08:41:27 -0500, News Guy <Ne...@Guy.C0M> wrote:

>On Friday, Nov 10 / 2017, a dimwit going by the handle
>"Ma...@getfucked.com" sequentially crossposted to thousands of
>newsgroups, 5 groups at a time, from what appears to be an Easynews account.
Huh - I was just trying to figure out what this dude was up to.

I'm not inclined to sign up for an account to see how that service
works, but I don't get the feeling he knows what Usenet is, other than
the new versoin of Bittorrent.
--
David Solimano
da...@solimano.org