1 nigger dead, 4 niggers injured in shooting on Bacchus parade route

hamilton

Feb 20, 2023, 5:15:03 AM2/20/23
An eyewitness said that when the shots started flying, people
were falling all over the place trying to get away and leaving
their belongings behind.

NEW ORLEANS — One person has died and four others were injured
in a shooting during the Krewe of Bacchus parade in the 1600
block of Terpsichore Sunday night where it intersects with St.
Charles Avenue.

The NOPD said that the victims included a young girl, a woman
and three men, who were all transported to the hospital. One of
the male victims was later pronounced dead.

One person was taken into custody at the scene.

“We were quickly able to apprehend the suspect we believe
responsible for this," he said.

Ganthier said two guns were recovered. He isn't certain whether
there was anyone else involved but asked anyone who was at the
scene and might have information to call Crimestoppers at 822-
1111.

"This is really not something we wanted to see," said Ganthier.
"We really wanted this to be a safe Mardi Gras."

An eyewitness told WWL-TV that at least a dozen shots were fired
and that people were falling all over themselves trying to get
out of the way, leaving everything they had behind them. He said
prior to the shooting, there was a set of skirmishes in the same
area that officers broke up.

VIDEO: Witness describes scene at shooting.

Another witness, Andrew Crawford, said he was at the parade with
his family and all of them had to go running.

"I don’t want to see this happen again during Mardi Gras, you
know small children and families. It’s unfortunate. You want to
protect the ones you love. It is what it is. It sucks."

The superkrewe of Bacchus was temporarily halted in the 1500
block of St. Charles Avenue after the shooting.

An officer said that the parade would resume to "get out of the
way" of the crime scene but that they wouldn't throw anything
while in that area.

<https://www.wwltv.com/article/news/crime/bacchus-halted-
temporarily-on-st-charles-avenue-after-shooting/289-51bc7208-
8668-476e-9b7a-b7f4c10a2ad2>