New Media Gift Guide 2010

1 view

Douglas E. Welch

Nov 21, 2010, 3:12:36 AM11/21/10
to newmediai...@googlegroups.com

New Media Gift Guide #10: Blue Microphones Yeti USB Microphone

NMI Founder, Douglas E. Welch, is running a New Media Gift Guide on hisCareers in New Media blog. Here is #10 in the guide, with links to all the past items.

#10 Blue Microphones Yeti USB Microphone

I was reading the Podcasters mailing list this week and saw mention the the Blue Snowball mic I mentioned earlier is being discontinued. This new USB microphone, the Yeti, is taking its place in the product line and has some good reviews. One major enhancement is the inclusion of an headphone jack to allow real-time monitoring when you are recording. This is a limitation of USB mics in that trying to monitor them through the computer induces a delay in the audio and makes it nearly impossible to listen to yourself while you record.

Certainly worth checking it out and I plan on doing that as soon as I can.

All Gift Guide Recommendations:

Filed under: ElsewhereHardwareNew MediaNewsTips

"Tell your story with Podcasting and New Media"
Web: http://DouglasEWelch.com -- Email: m...@douglasewelch.com

Find hundreds of searchable job listings at jobs.welchwrite.com

Mitch Krayton

Nov 21, 2010, 3:35:11 AM11/21/10
to newmediai...@googlegroups.com
According to BlueMic.com the Snowball is not being discontinued. In fact they are bundling the mic with the ring damper for the holidays. FYI The Yeti does not have an option for damping or mic isolation. The mic is on the stand and thus any bumps to the table will be heard.

Mitch Krayton
Speaker, Coach, Author, Consultant

mi...@kraytonseminars.com
661-310-2435

Krayton Seminars  |  www.kraytonseminars.com

Keynotes, Seminars & Workshops:
  "From Fired to Hired - The New CEOs Guide to 'You, Inc.'"
  "The Magic of CCV - Competence, Confidence & Value"
  "Writing for IMPACT - The Power of 3s"
  "Unlocking Your Hidden Sales Power"
  "The Gift of Effective Presentations"
  "Turning Bits into Bucks"