[ANN] Security Announcement rubygems.org compromised

jnimety

Jan 30, 2013, 1:13:47 PM1/30/13
to newha...@googlegroups.com
The ruby community is having a bad 2013... more fallout from the yaml parsing vulnerability:

Jonathan E. Magen

Jan 30, 2013, 2:07:26 PM1/30/13
to newha...@googlegroups.com
As a response, Heroku has suspended Ruby deployments:

https://status.heroku.com/incidents/489
> --

Jonathan E. Magen
203-936-9665
http://www.yonkeltron.com
GTALK: yonke...@gmail.com
http://twitter.com/yonkeltron
ב"ה

Diego Scataglini

Jan 30, 2013, 2:08:46 PM1/30/13
to newha...@googlegroups.com
Wow! I might seriously go clojure exclusively.

jnimety

Jan 30, 2013, 2:26:14 PM1/30/13
to newha...@googlegroups.com
grush has been tweeting updates. https://twitter.com/qrush

If anyone wants to help looks like cleanup efforts are being coordinated in #rubygems on freenode

Zach Morek

Jan 30, 2013, 2:33:13 PM1/30/13
to newha...@googlegroups.com
Welp, time to translate all my work into Java
*pokerface*