NewHaven.rb -> NewHaven.io

Dan Bernier

Jul 5, 2013, 10:40:37 PM7/5/13
to newha...@googlegroups.com
Ahoy New Haven Rubyists!

(Dual-posted to the meetup.com list. But this one comes with SMTP sauce.)

I’m writing to let you know about an imminent & exciting change to our Meetup.com account: we’re going to change the group name from NewHaven.rb to NewHaven.io.  After that change, our Meetup.com feed will feature events from both NewHaven.rb and events from other New Haven developer groups, including NewHaven.js. We want to stress that this is a rebranding of our Meetup.com account only.  NewHaven.rb will still be focusing on Ruby and holding meetups twice a month.

We’re doing this for two reasons.  First, most Rubyists in our Meetup.com group want to know about other developer-related events in New Haven without signing up for many different Meetup.com groups.  Second, we want to nurture the developer ecosystem in New Haven.  One way can do that is to help new groups reach developers with minimal barriers-to-entry.

Please also checkout the [very basic] website at http://newhaven.io (twitter: @newhavenio) that will pull in events from our Meetup.com group.  We hope to expand this website to include information from all the New Haven developer groups and, potentially, information about local companies, developers, etc.

If you’d like to give a talk on, or start a user-group around another technology you’re into, let us know - we can help you get the ball rolling. There's already a mobile development group in the works...

Sincerely,
The NewHaven.rb Duders

--
twitter @danbernier