Offensive job posting being removed

Dan Bernier

Apr 29, 2014, 12:00:28 PM4/29/14
to newha...@googlegroups.com
Heyo New Haven Rubyists,

We just saw the offensive job posting (mentioning strippers, etc), and we're deleting it.

There was a bit of delay in deleting it, because we had to get management rights from Ben Oakes. We've fixed that now, so we'll be faster if this kind of thing crops up again.

Feel free to apply for Andrew Jambor's job posting though, that one should be ok. :)

Cheers, and apologies again,
- Dan

Diego Scataglini

Apr 29, 2014, 12:03:55 PM4/29/14
to newha...@googlegroups.com
You should see the whole debacle about that job posting on NYC ruby.
(You probably have)
Diego Scataglini
cell. 203-293-8517

Dan Bernier

Apr 29, 2014, 12:05:39 PM4/29/14
to newha...@googlegroups.com
Hah - there's the silver lining: we aren't the only ones getting the noise. :)

Will Klein

Apr 29, 2014, 12:07:03 PM4/29/14
to newha...@googlegroups.com
Someone should apply, find out the employer, and let them know why they should never work with this recruiter again.

Joel Nimety

Apr 29, 2014, 12:13:48 PM4/29/14
to newha...@googlegroups.com
I was thinking the same thing

Benjamin Oakes

Apr 29, 2014, 12:23:12 PM4/29/14
to newhaven.rb
Woah, had no idea this is why you guys needed the admin rights.  That's pretty bad.  Almost as bad as that one GoGaRuCo talk which I only know by reputation.  (One that you definitely shouldn't try to look up while at work.)

Ben

Diego Scataglini

Apr 29, 2014, 1:06:16 PM4/29/14
to newha...@googlegroups.com
If you follow the thread and blog posts about this guy it's something
else. He posts pretending to be a new person whenever he feels like
Diego Scataglini
cell. 203-293-8517