CRS A465 exterior casings

Hugh Lewis

Nov 30, 2017, 12:46:53 AM11/30/17
to Newbury Hackspace (NADHack)
Hi Folks

I joined this group after viewing the you tube demo of the a465 playing connect 4, I recently bought two of these robot arms and a 500 controller plus pendants as a school project. The robots need repairing, however it's a big job, but before I start the H&S chap says I need to get the two white plastic arm casings and the two black conical ones.
A long shot but does anybody know where I could get these, or has anyone created copies via 3d printing.

Any help really appreciated.

Cheers
Hugh

Stuart Livings

Nov 30, 2017, 1:32:29 AM11/30/17
to newbury-...@googlegroups.com, Hugh Lewis

Hi Hugh,

Thanks for getting in touch.  As you've undoubtedly found out these arms are no longer supported by CRS/Thermo and obtaining information or spares is nearly impossible.  It's likely that a 3D printed cover would work.

Whereabouts are you?  We're in Berkshire, UK.

Thanks,

Stuart

Hugh Lewis

Nov 30, 2017, 2:11:29 PM11/30/17
to Newbury Hackspace (NADHack)
Hi Stuart

I'm in Nottingham.

Regards
Hugh

Hugh Lewis

Nov 30, 2017, 2:12:29 PM11/30/17
to Newbury Hackspace (NADHack)
Hi Stuart

I'm in Nottingham

Regards
Hugh

Stuart Livings

Dec 1, 2017, 7:30:48 AM12/1/17
to newbury-...@googlegroups.com

Hi Hugh,

My arm is actually up for sale if you're interested?  Other than that you'd be welcome to pop in, say Hi, take some measurements etc?

I'm on 07976 690666 if you want to give me a call.

Stuart