Org. Committee schedule meeting: April 20

Bren

Apr 13, 2010, 3:55:30 PM4/13/10
to Newberg Coop Market
The Co-op Organizing Committee (http://bit.ly/9d4v64) has a regularly
scheduled meeting on Tuesday, April 20 (next week!). The time is 7am,
and the place is...any suggestions? I'm *certain* that I'll be in
attendance, and equally *certain* that I can open up the NWYM office
if that's desirable. We've even got a new, eco-unfriendly coffee maker
you can gawk at (it was a gift). If there are other suggestions for
meeting places, let's hear 'em!

Also, it'd be nice to read through any minutes that were recorded at
the last meeting. Anyone willing to post them?

jjbeals

Apr 13, 2010, 7:25:38 PM4/13/10
to Newberg Coop Market
Next Tuesday is also the Farm Meet, a follow up event to the Food Meet
a few months ago. How about instead of meeting in the morning we have
a greater presence at the Farm Meet? It is 6-9 at the Cultural
Center. In fact the minutes from the last meeting (if they had been
taken, sorry about that) would have consisted of making plans for this
event. Here's what Jenn, Lisa and I came up with for the Farm Meet.

1. We will have a table like last time with
---a display of products that the coop will provide, such
as fresh produce and dry goods.
---a "name the food coop" contest
---a poster with the mission statement

2. Also we'll have a short survey that we will conduct in person with
interested attendees. The goal of the survey is to foster interest in
the coop and to determine who might be interested in actively
participating in the coop planning.

3. And like last time we'll have a chance to speak for 3-5 minutes to
a gathered group about the coop.

Lisa, Jenn and I will be there. It would be great to have at least 3
more there to be at the table to answer questions and conduct surveys
and to be mingling to conduct surveys. And just a note on the survey:
it is short--just 5 questions with the goal really to start
conversation and identify interest.

Please post to let us know if you can make it for the Farm Meet. And
it is not necessary to be there the entire time. If you can take an
hour slot 6-7, 7-8, 8-9 that would be great.

Thanks!

Bren

Apr 14, 2010, 12:17:33 PM4/14/10
to Newberg Coop Market
Thanks, Jill.

FYI, everyone, there's more info on the Farm Meet here:
http://georgefox.edu/green/farm-meet-2010

Our schedule doesn't allow me to commit to helping take a time slot
for the table, but I'll aim at coming by sometime after 6:30 for a
little bit.