Tomorrow's Meeting

1 view

jjbeals

Mar 16, 2010, 2:52:03 AM3/16/10
to Newberg Coop Market
Given the lateness I realize that this may not be seen before we meet,
but there's a chance that Diane Stefani-Ruff will join us. Diane was
the founder of the Portland Farmer's Market and now heads up "Friends
of French Prairie", she runs the Butteville Store and has started a
buying club through that location. I think she would have great
contribution to our group as we work to start the coop. I am not sure
at what level she might be involved but at t his stage I think it wold
be great to hear what insight she has from her experience as we work
to get the food coop going. That might be a good use of our hour.

If she's not able to make it I'd like to propose a brief list of items
to cover:

1. Mission statement. I am going to try to attach a document with a
couple of samples that seem to incorporate the the collective thoughts
to use a starting points.

2. Feasibility study. Itemize some next steps we need to take in
completing that, in particular, a market survey.

3. "Farm meet" scheduled for April 20. Decide if we want to have a
booth and if so then generate ideas for presentation, choose 3-4
depending on their scale and delegate prep work.

This is just a proposal, I am open to other ideas.

Bren

Mar 16, 2010, 11:30:50 AM3/16/10
to newber...@googlegroups.com
Oh man, you guys. Sorry about not showing up this morning! Just totally spaced it. One of those times when I've packed too much stuff, too close together and I totally dropped the ball. I apologize.

Glad you were able to go over to the Cottage, though. Hope the meeting went well, despite the lame start.

--Bren

Aj Schwanz

Mar 17, 2010, 1:21:32 PM3/17/10
to newber...@googlegroups.com
I had sickness in my abode and missed the meeting.  I'd love to hear what would be helpful to be done before the next meeting (and quickly approaching Food Meet).

~Aj