Shoes?

Joe Light

Apr 4, 2015, 9:03:25 PM4/4/15
to newa...@googlegroups.com
Seems like a long time since there's been a discussion of good shoes for race walking. It's also been many years
since any major shoe company has produced a shoe specifically geared to race walkers. I'd be very interested
to hear recommendations for good running shoes that work well for walking.

I recently ordered two new pairs from Running Warehouse (one of my favorite online stores.)  I'd never heard of zero drop shoes
and decided to try a pair of Altra's. Unfortunately, they did not work for me and I'm sending them back--Running Warehouse makes
that so easy, and free! On the other hand, I love the Asics Gel DS Racer 10--just the right combo of light weight and cushioning.
I intend to order another pair with the credit I receive from my return.

So, are there any enthusiastic recommendations?  Please reply to the group, since I assume your recs will
be of interest to all.

Thank you.

Joe

Thomas Knatt

Apr 5, 2015, 5:50:32 AM4/5/15
to newa...@googlegroups.com
Hello group,
I am currently wearing the Asics gel exalt. T329N model. $50.00 promo from Sports Authority.

I like the gel cushioning for my arthritic hips and back. My previous Asics (6510?) were comfortable, but the webbing on the tops of both shoes got holes in it, from pushing up with my big toe.  Caveat emptor!
Tom