Building A race walking shoe

H YX

Sep 23, 2013, 11:03:30 AM9/23/13
to newa...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
My name is Horatio Han, I am a designer at New Balance and now working on creating a pro race walk shoe. I would love to hear more idea and voice from people here for you experience and expertise. The goal of the project is to re-define a race walking shoe since i notice many walker are wear racing flat / running train shoes, yet there is few product designed to dedicate to race walking.
I have been reading blogs and paper about Race Walking, still i am looking forward to hear voice from you. Here i list a few basic question. If you would like to help more you may contact me by horat...@newbalance.com

- How important are the cushion?  Where do you think there need to be placed?
- Flexibility around toe. Does a really flexible toe helps the efficiency / or you would prefer a more "spring" toe?
- When I saw the video of racewalking, i notice that racers foot often supinate. Looks like their are mostly balance on the lateral side. Try to understand how this technique helps the race.
- what's the common foot condition caused by walking? blister / foot pain / swell and ect.?

And i am think about visiting a race walking group around boston for research, any suggestion?

Again Thank you very much

Horatio

Thomas Knatt

Sep 23, 2013, 4:42:11 PM9/23/13
to newa...@googlegroups.com
Hello Horatio Han,

As president of the New England Walkers, I would very much like to discuss racewalking shoes with you.  I am on vacation right now, returning next Sunday Sept. 29.  I will contact you after I return.
Thomas

Thomas Knatt
687 Townsend Road
Groton MA 01450
978-448-9663
www.thomasknatt.com
luth...@alum.mit.edu
thoma...@yahoo.com
French House Rental
Go to: www.homeaway.com
then type 109740 in search for vacation rentals box