Emerald Necklace Race

David Libby

Jul 10, 2014, 2:04:31 PM7/10/14
to newa...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Where does the July 13th Emerald Necklace race start?

David

Justin Kuo

Jul 11, 2014, 2:22:48 AM7/11/14
to newa...@googlegroups.com
On Sunday, July 13, the next Danehy Park RW Series moves to Brookline in the picturesque Emerald Necklace. The 5K race walk will start at 10:30 a.m. I hope you can join us for the walk as a competitor or as a volunteer.

Here's are links to two course maps:

America's Running Routes

Google Earth and Google Maps

We'll meet on the course near the intersection of Pond Avenue and Allerton Street. There are parking lots available at either end of the course as well as on street parking on Allerton Street. The nearest lot is at northern turnaround at the beginning of Pond Street (near 1 Pond Street). The other lot is at the southern turnaround the end of Pond Street (near 360 Pond Street).

Click here to view the Northern parking lot and to get directions.

Click here to view the Southern parking lot and to get directions.

If you are traveling by on the MBTA, take the Riverside (Green Line) to the Brookline Village MBTA stop. Walk 110 meters toward Boylston Street (Route 9). Turn left on Boylston Street and walk 192 meters toward Pond Street. Turn right on Pond and walk 87 meters to the Northern turnaround.

Please call 617-731-9889 if you need any help finding the course. Bathroom facilities are limited. (I look forward to seeing everyone this Sunday. -- Justin