Looking for training partners

valeria graffeo

Sep 22, 2014, 6:03:57 PM9/22/14
to newa...@googlegroups.com
Hello everybody,
I am Valeria. I am new to this group, but not new to race walking...
But the last time I competed in race walking was in 1998.
I recently started again, but I could benefit (and enjoy) from group training with other race walkers.

Do you guys regularly train together in the Boston area? It would be great!
I live in Somerville.

Ciao,
V.

O'Rourke, Edward

Sep 23, 2014, 1:01:01 AM9/23/14
to newa...@googlegroups.com
Valeria, we have a formal clinic for a fee in Woburn this weekend if you are interested and then a workout on October 19th in Groton where we can work with you. Let me know what you are interested in.
Welcome back to race walking.

Ed O'Rourke

Sent from my iPhone

Bill Harriman

Sep 23, 2014, 5:15:37 AM9/23/14
to newa...@googlegroups.com, newa...@googlegroups.com
I forwarded this to Holly Wenninger and Pat Yingling, who do some workouts at the Harvard track in Cambridge.

Bill

leppysport...@comcast.net

Sep 23, 2014, 7:21:17 AM9/23/14
to newa...@googlegroups.com
Hi Valeria,

My name is Larry Epstein and I'm with the NEW. I live in Stoneham and train there. If you would like to come and train with me that would be great. I train on different courses in my area and on the high school track.
If you'd like please give me a call at 617-750-7822 or email me at leppysport...@comcast.net.

Thank You,

Larry

Sep 23, 2014, 12:29:20 PM9/23/14
to newa...@googlegroups.com
Hi Valeria,

There are a few of us who work out at the Harvard Track on Tuesday evenings.  We like to arrive between 6 and 6:15 before the track gets too crowded.  We usually check in the morning to see who can make it.  Our workouts usually last about an hour.  Right now we are training for the Tufts 10K.  We would love to have you come.  If you send me your email address at peyin...@rcn.com, I'll add you to the list.  I should say that we warm up for about 10 minutes and then do our speed work.  Right now we are all at different places -- so Holly may be doing 2000s--I'm hoping to do 800s tonight--It's not always this intense and we have different levels -- Last week there was only two of us and we just did a long walk on the river.

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Pat

MB Schlichte

Sep 23, 2014, 12:39:22 PM9/23/14
to newa...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
My name is Mary Beth and I am new to race walking. I do have a prior commitment this weekend and I am unable to attend the clinic in Woburn. I live in Haverhill, Ma.
Where may I find additional clinics and or clubs in my area?
Best,
MB

Mary Beth Schlichte
Elite Bronzing
Certified Custom Airbrush Tanning Professional and Consultant