injured

leppysport...@comcast.net

Jan 12, 2015, 12:21:45 PM1/12/15
to newa...@googlegroups.com, newalkers, nh-racewalkers, Daniel, Maryanne, Delgrotte, Josef, Armstrong, Ginger, Eastler, Tom, Talcott, Dave, menendez, tom, Dow, Joanne, forgues, mike, walk2...@gmail.com, erikawalkin12, Bye, Geoff, Gretchen Fishman, imch...@aol.com, Vaitones, Steve, website, USATF-CT
Hi Everybody,

Just to let everyone know back on November 3, 2014 I was carrying a box down my stairs and fell over my cat which I didn't see. I ended up breaking my right ankle (tibia bone) and tearing up 2 quad tendons.
I had surgery to repair both the ankle (8 screws and a plate) and the tendons (reattached). Unfortunately I've been out of work since the surgery and hope to go back by the end of January.
I'm in therapy/rehab now and things are starting to take its course hopefully. My Dr and therapist are trying to get me to racewalk again in the future. I hope to racewalk again but there not sure at the moment.
I'll try to get to some of the RW events in the future to cheer all you guys on.

Sincerelly Yours,

Larry Epstein

O'Rourke, Edward

Jan 12, 2015, 3:47:30 PM1/12/15
to newa...@googlegroups.com, newalkers, nh-racewalkers, Daniel, Maryanne, Delgrotte, Josef, Armstrong, Ginger, Eastler, Tom, Talcott, Dave, menendez, tom, Dow, Joanne, forgues, mike, walk2...@gmail.com, erikawalkin12, Bye, Geoff, Gretchen Fishman, imch...@aol.com, Vaitones, Steve, website, USATF-CT

Larry, I was so sorry to hear about this in our chat the other day. It sounds like you are optimistic about your recovery. I wish you are able to get back to work soon and also hope that you will be able to get back on the track when you are fully recovered.

I have to tell you, I have looked at the stairs in my home more carefully after hearing this.

Please stay in touch and let us know how you are doing.

Sincerely,

Ed

Larry Epstein

Jan 12, 2015, 4:45:52 PM1/12/15