Moving Days 11/1-11/2

Dynamo Dave

Oct 23, 2008, 5:06:09 PM10/23/08
to New Age of the Masters
Hey all,

This time it's final. We've signed a lease and reserved a truck. We're
moving from Tacoma to Bellevue, and we'll have a truck for loading and
unloading on 11/1, with whatever we don't get that day going on 11/2.

If you can help, on either or both days, at either or both locations,
we'd appreciate any aid we can get. Loading, unloading, transporting
people between locations, last second boxing, support services, it's
all good.

At the Tacoma end, we're providing donuts, coffee, and juice. At the
Bellevue end, we're providing pizza, beer, and soda. We'll have soda
available throughout, and there may be a lunch stop in there
somewhere.

Let me know if you can help and what times and locations you're
available for. Final scheduling will depend on everyone's input.

Relevant addresses:
From:
3827 So K St #1
Tacoma WA 98418
To:
15300 NE 8th Ave #A210
Bellevue WA 98007

David Lawson

Oct 23, 2008, 6:52:09 PM10/23/08
to reva...@gmail.com, newageoft...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Roger. You da man.

David 'Dynamo' Lawson
dynam...@gmail.com
Magnus Melior Celeris Amplius
On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 3:26 PM, <reva...@gmail.com> wrote:
both days, both locations, although I will likely not be there on Saturday until 11ish.

Veiled Malice

Oct 24, 2008, 1:36:20 AM10/24/08
to newageoft...@googlegroups.com
I'd love to help. On Sundays I am tremendously busy, however. (The irony does not escape me) I should be free on Saturday. I think. I'll have to check.

Anyway, I will try to help on Saturday. Barring extraordinary circumstances, I'll be there.

-Adam

> Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 14:06:09 -0700
> Subject: [The Masters] Moving Days 11/1-11/2
> From: dynam...@gmail.com
> To: newageoft...@googlegroups.com

Dynamo Dave

Oct 24, 2008, 12:24:37 PM10/24/08
to New Age of the Masters
Thanks, Adam.

Sorry Roger, Adam now da man.

Dynamo Dave

Oct 29, 2008, 2:08:19 PM10/29/08
to New Age of the Masters
OK, as promised: timing.

Saturday, Tacoma side, we'll have the truck in place by 9am, so if you
show up before then, you get some socializing time. Show up before
8am, and you get to deal with an insufficiently-caffeinated Doni.
You've been warned. Roger will arrive around 11am, but I don't see any
need to wait for him before we start loading. I've got Alexis reserved
pretty much from 8am on, since he's helping me get the truck, so we
can get started loading as soon as the truck is in place. Mel is on-
site in Tacoma all day, making her pretty flexible, timing-wise. That
leaves Adam, who can read the above and let me know if he's showing up
early enough to work, or just in time to scam some donuts. (KIDDING!)

Saturday on Bellevue side is purely forward-scheduled. When we have a
full truck, we drive up and unload. Moving people can be arranged
between locations can be arranged ad hoc.

We'll schedule Sunday based on everyone's input on Saturday as well as
Saturday's lessons-learned.

Aside from donuts, coffee, and soda being on-site as early as I can
drag myself to Krispy Kreme, food will be scheduled as dictated by
hunger-consensus.

Martin Von Cannon

Oct 30, 2008, 5:31:40 AM10/30/08
to newageoft...@googlegroups.com
MMMmmmm.......Donuts!!!!!

Good luck guys. I wish I was there to help (not really). Have fun.

Martin Von Cannon

Veiled Malice

Oct 30, 2008, 11:59:33 AM10/30/08
to newageoft...@googlegroups.com
I'll be showing up at around 11 as well. I have a couple things to do before that, so I might be there sooner, but I wouldn't bank on it.

Save me some donuts.

-Adam

> Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 11:08:19 -0700
> Subject: [The Masters] Re: Moving Days 11/1-11/2
> From: dynam...@gmail.com
> To: newageoft...@googlegroups.com

Dynamo Dave

Nov 4, 2008, 12:35:20 PM11/4/08
to New Age of the Masters
Huge thanks to everyone who turned out to help. (Roger, please convey
another round of thanks to Ian.) It was a back breaker (especially
Saturday), but we got it all done. I still hurt. >.<

We're playing the sliding-puzzle game with the new place. I'm still
not sure exactly where everything is going, but it's looking more and
more like everything is going to fit with enough room to get around it
comfortably. :)

The kitchen isn't online yet, so we're sampling the local restaurants
this week. Reviews so far:
Pizzeria Guido: thumbs up. Take-out and delivery only, everything is
handmade. Good solid pizza.
Szechuan Chef: thumbs up. Looks like a cheap stripmall swill joint
from twenty feet away, but bigger inside than you'd think, nicely
appointed, with awesome food. Can't recommend this place enough.
Andre's Bistro: thumbs down. Looks nice, comfortable seating, prices
were about what I expect from any nice looking place with the word
"bistro" in its name, but the food just did not measure up. They call
themselves a Eurasian bistro, but the menu completely lacked any kind
of identity, just a random assortment of dishes that the kitchen staff
wasn't very good at.
Starbucks: thumbs up. I'm not normally a big fan, but the Starbucks in
the Crossroads mall has skilled barristas, a staff with a good cheer
that doesn't feel forced, and some really good breakfast sandwiches.
Plus, they're directly connected to a Half-Price Books. Woot.

I got a workstation for each of us online last night. Doni will be
ready to resume her training/working on Thursday, and I'm back to my
MMOs. Woot again. Tonight, I'll try to get the entertainment center
partially assembled and maybe catch up on some Heroes.

We're going to try to host a small holiday gathering in late December.
I'll keep everyone posted.

Veiled Malice

Nov 4, 2008, 1:34:48 PM11/4/08
to newageoft...@googlegroups.com
> Huge thanks to everyone who turned out to help. (Roger, please convey
> another round of thanks to Ian.) It was a back breaker (especially
> Saturday), but we got it all done. I still hurt. >.<

Tell me about it. I could barely walk when I got out of bed on Monday. Monday!

> We're playing the sliding-puzzle game with the new place. I'm still
> not sure exactly where everything is going, but it's looking more and
> more like everything is going to fit with enough room to get around it
> comfortably. :)

That's good, because when I left, your living room looked like an Ikea warehouse had thrown up in it. :D

> We're going to try to host a small holiday gathering in late December.
> I'll keep everyone posted.

Great! Maybe I can give Roger his shirt back then. (You left it in my car, mang. :))

Alexis

Nov 4, 2008, 3:31:16 PM11/4/08
to newageoft...@googlegroups.com
Anyone up for giving Perfect World a try?

I downloaded the free client for the free to play game, the
international version, played for about 3 hours so far..

Alexis

Heath

Nov 4, 2008, 3:50:12 PM11/4/08
to newageoft...@googlegroups.com
Glad your move went well.  Already had plans for the weekend so wasn't able to lend a hand.

By the way, the group that I play 4th ed. D&D with has gotten into playing Warhammer 40K.  Between the four of us, we've been able to assemble a nice table to play on and a huge varitey of terrain.  All of it is currently at my place if anyone would be up for a game.  I play Tyranids, while the others play Eldar, Utramarines, and Necrons.  One of these days I'll probably get a Warhammer Fantasy High Elf army going again, too.

Keep Tami and I in the loop if you decide to have a gathering in December.  We're planning on traveling to Texas, to visit my sister, this year for Christmas.  Other than that we'd love to enjoy the company of everyone again.

Talk to ya soon,

Heath Hickman

Time to play!

Nov 4, 2008, 5:23:52 PM11/4/08
to newageoft...@googlegroups.com
Dude!  So would I, however I will have to decline.  It is funny to see people wear hoodies in 60 degree weather?

- Martin

Dynamo Dave

Nov 5, 2008, 3:00:36 PM11/5/08
to New Age of the Masters
I'll check out Perfect World, maybe this weekend, and let you know
what I think when I see you on Sunday.