Unfinished Draft of Doni's Character

Dynamo Dave

Oct 8, 2007, 1:38:11 AM10/8/07
to New Age of the Masters
Here's an initial version of Doni's proposed character. She still
needs to spend points on skills, take a shopping trip through Martial
Arts, and lose some points. We've worked out an interesting
background, something VERY different from the other characters. She
may be different enough from what Adam wants that we need to scrap and
start over, but we'll see.

Kaitlin was a career diplomat from the US State Department before
taking her experience to private aid organizations. Her specialty was
Africa. During a fact-finding mission in North Africa, she was mugged
and left for dead in a city alleyway. She spent the next couple weeks
an amnesiac with no ID, and survived only because she fed a cat that
turned out to be a local spirit. By the time her employer tracked her
down, she had bonded closely with the cat spirit, a bond that lasts to
this day. She has a variety of "werecat" powers at all times, and can
physically transform into a catwoman. She is currently between
engagements while "recovering" from her ordeal. Agewise, she's is her
fifties, but her age has begun to regress now that she is spirit-
bonded. She is slowly changing to an ageless appearance that could be
anywhere from late-twenties to early-fifties.

Further refinements later this week. Suggestions welcome. Outright
rejection discouraged. :)

Kaitlin Street 657.96

20 ST 12
60 DX 13
60 IQ 13
20 HT 12

10 Will +2
10 Perception +2
5 Appeareance: Attractive
1 Cultural Familiarity: African
10 Wealth: Comfortable
5 Reputation +3: Social Service Operative, Small class (aid
organizations)
5 Rank 5: Administrative, Courtesy, former State Dept senior envoy
5 Ambidexterity
5 Animal Empathy
10 Charisma +2
5 Claim to Hospitality: State Dept & charitable missions
30 Contact Group, State Dept, Skill 12, Quite often 12, Completely
reliable
5 Empathy (Sensitive)
4 Fearlessness +2
5 Fit
-15 Charitable 12-
-5 Curious 12-
-10 Impulsive 12-
-10 Pacifism (Cannot harm innocents)
-20 Secret Identity (murderous werecat)
-5 Selfless 12-
-5 Stubbornness
-15 Weirdness Magnet
-5 Workaholic
-5 Quirks TBD

Way of the Alley (Spirit, No reaction roll, -5%)
10 Catfall
6 Claws (Sharp), Low signature (+10%)
15 Combat Reflexes
15 Danger Sense
19 Doesn't Sleep
19 Extra Attack, Single skill (Brawling, 20%)
5 Flexible
6 Nine Lives. Hard to Kill +3
4 Night Vision 4
10 Recovery
10 Regeneration (Slow)
15 Unaging
-9 Lunacy
-9 Carnivore. Restricted Diet (fresh meat)
Shapeshifting (Alternate Form)
357.96 Feral Catwoman 402
10 ST +1
40 DX +2
-40 IQ -2
10 HT +1
-2 Will -1
6 Perception +3
10 HP +5
6 FP +2
20 Basic Speed +1
5 Basic Move +1
5 Absolute Direction
10 Chameleon 2
Claws.
20 1 Clinging
2 2 Claws (Talons)
24 Damage Resistance 12, Flexible (-20%), Can't Wear Armor (-40%)
23 Discriminatory Smell, Emotion sense (+50%)
15 Enhanced Dodge
20 Enhanced Move 1 (Ground)
20 Extra Attack 1, Single skill (Brawling, -20%)
4 Hard to Subdue +2
10 High Pain Threshold
30 Injury Tolerance (Damage Reduction 2), Limited (Crushing, -40%)
24 Slash. Innate Attack 1d Impaling, Melee attack (C, 1, ST-based,
Destructive Parry, Dual, +100%), Armor divisor [3] (+100%)
5 Night Vision 5
15 Perfect Balance
80 Regeneration (Very Fast), Limited (Physical, -20%)
32 Regrowth, Limited (Physical, -20%)
10 Silence 2
4 Squirmy. Slippery 2
40 Super Jump 2
1 Temperature Tolerance (22°-90°)
30 Screeching Yowl. Terror
20 Weapon Master (Claws)
-10 Bad Temper 12-
-5 Bloodlust 15-
-15 Cannot Speak
-10 Dyslexia
-10 Easy to Read
-5 Gluttony
-5 Innumerate
-10 Non-Iconographic
-5 Short Attention Span 15-
-5 Shyness (mild)
-15 Social Stigma (Monster)
-7 Stress Atavism 15-
-5 Unnatural Features

Accounting [iq/h]
Acrobatics [dx/h]
Administration [iq/a]
Area Knowledge, US [iq/e]
Area Knowledge, Campaign City [iq/e]
Area Knowledge, Africa [iq/e]
Body Language [pr/a]
4 Brawling [dx/e] 15/17
Breaking Blow [iq/h]
Carousing [ht/e]
Climbing [dx/a]
Computer Operation [iq/e]
Current Affairs, Politics [iq/e]
Current Affairs, Headline news [iq/e]
Diplomacy [iq/h]
Driving [dx/a]
Economic [iq/h]
Expert, International Aid [iq/h]
Geography, Political [iq/h]
Gesture [iq/e]
History, US [iq/h]
History, Africa [iq/h]
Housekeeping [iq/e]
Jumping [dx/e]
Leadership [iq/a]
Light Walk [dx/h]
Merchant [iq/a]
Parry Missile Weapon [dx/h]
Power Blow {wl/h]
Propaganda [iq/a]
Psychology [iq/h]
Public Speaking [dx/h]
Research [iq/a]
Running [ht/a]
Savoir-Faire, High Government [iq/e]
Scrounging [pr/e]
Sociology [iq/h]
Stealth [dx/a]
Streetwise [iq/a]
Swimming [ht/e]
Teaching [iq/a]
Tracking [pr/a]
Urban Survival [pr/a]
Writing [iq/a]

omnicr...@hotmail.com

Oct 8, 2007, 4:13:20 AM10/8/07
to New Age of the Masters
Looks good for the most part, I just have a few concerns.

Her DR is Flexible but not Tough Skin. Is that because she has fur or
the like? It won't be problem if it is, as she is a nearly completely
different being than a normal human, I was just wondering if you meant
to stat it out like that.

The Regen and Regrowth have Phyisical limitations. What does that
mean? Only physical damage as opposed to energy?

Nevermind. I just looked it up, and that's exactly what it means.
That'll be fine then.

Why does her "Slash" attack do Impaling damage? Wouldn't it make more
sense for it to do Cutting?

And do all the Advantages and Disads from her original form carry over?

Dynamo Dave

Oct 8, 2007, 10:52:00 AM10/8/07
to New Age of the Masters
Yes, her DR is supposed to be fur as well as thick hide, hence
Flexible and Can't Wear Armor instead of Tough Skin.

Her Slash attack is supposed to be a bonus d6 of damage with some
enhancements that can be used with her Claws (Talons) in either
cutting or impaling mode, so we picked the more expensive impaling
over cutting to cost out the Innate Attack. We could have named it
better. :) How about Sharp Owie Bits?

Yes, everything in her base form carries over, since it's all above
and beyond her human "template."

If we can shave enough points, we're planning one additional form, an
actual alley cat with some of the powers of the Catwoman form but
nowhere near as capable, just innocuous. It will cost 15 points as
long as the template is worth less than the Catwoman template. Not
hard.

Dynamo Dave

Oct 8, 2007, 11:01:10 AM10/8/07
to New Age of the Masters
Oh yeah, one bit that is less than apparent. The Low Signature on her
Claws (Sharp) in human form: She never looks like she has claws in
that form. Though it's obvious that she's done *something* when she
rakes her hand across an attacker and he starts bleeding, even high-
speed perception won't spot the Spirit Claws she actually cutting
with. Hey, I think I just named the power! We're thinking of some
alernative attacks based on use of those claws to make people *think*
they've been hurt, like Affliction (Pain) for a gut rake and
Affliction (Disad: Blindness) for an eye rake.

omnicr...@hotmail.com

Oct 9, 2007, 4:10:24 AM10/9/07
to New Age of the Masters
Sharp owie bits. I like it. :)

Note that I have made a very important ruling concering weapons in
Roger's new post. Check it out, as it will definately affect this
character, but in a good way.

I have some sort of mental block with character sheets on a computer
screen, I swear. I'll print it out myself and look it over. Hope to ok
everything before we're on for Sunday.