Update on education fundraiser Community Swap meet

Anne Whitmore

Jul 28, 2010, 2:59:42 AM7/28/10
to new-westminster-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Sorry it has taken me a while to get this update out - I have been busy moving.

The Swap Meet was a lot of fun and a great opportunity to give the NWCGS some visibility in the community as well as partner with the Simon Fraser Society for Community Living. We had 8 vendors and also had a tent with information on the Society, application forms and a drop off jar for Canadian Tire money donations for our tools. We also had some drinks and snacks for sales.

The expenses for the event were $62.20 and sales of the snacks only raised $11 so Glen Murray of Glen Murray Homes offered to cover the expenses for the event.

In total, we raised $131 for our education budget and had an overall positive response from participants and our community. We even had a couple requests to run the event more regularly.

Best regards,
anne/Education Coordinator

--
Anne Whitmore
Personal Coach & Corporate Trainer

Clarifying Individuals, Focusing Teams
www.divafish.com
an...@divafish.com
604.722.4983

From the bedroom to the boardroom, I help my clients design the life they love - and love the life they are living.

Connect with me:
Twitter: @divafish
Blog: http://divafish.wordpress.com
http://ca.linkedin.com/in/annewhitmore

Steering Committee Members

Jul 29, 2010, 12:30:46 AM7/29/10
to New Westminster Community Gardens
Great news Anne! Thanks for the heads up

And big thanks to Glen for his generosity.

-Rob