Creating new writng groups at HILR

Peg

Feb 17, 2010, 1:33:23 PM2/17/10
to New Pathways For Aging Blog
Several members have responded to the New Pathways book by wanting to
write narratives themselves. Some said they would write on their
own. Others said they wanted to join in a small group to exchange
their work.

Let us know what you have been doing. Have you found anyone to write
with? Any drafts you want to share? Bob Kinerk and the Tech Committee
have developed web tools for exchanging manuscripts and comments.

If you're still looking fpr writing companions, say a little about
your goals and perhaps another member will respond. We're planning
some brown bag lunches in March and April to bring potential writers
together.

Other suggestions?

Ross Neisuler

Mar 6, 2010, 3:38:19 PM3/6/10
to New Pathways For Aging Blog
I have an idea for a theme for the year:

"Ethnic, Racial, and Cultural Impacts on My Own Life"
A surprising number of us have married into, adopted into, or have had
our children pull us into unanticipated experiences where we had to
adjust to major differences in outlook. We have run into work, school,
or military experiences, have collaborated on social upheaval (or
opposed it). We have been changed by these experiences - sometimes
fundamentally and permanently.

Peg

Apr 20, 2010, 10:30:53 AM4/20/10
to New Pathways For Aging Blog
On April 30 we'll have a workshop at HILR designed to foster new short
term groups, for writing, conversation, or whatever. They may meet in
the summer or not till fall. Ross's topic is an interesting
possibility for one such group.

Several people who are interested are not able to come on the 30th.
We'll send out a menu of groups to facilitate their joining later or
starting their own.

See the announcements for further details.