Begin forwarded message:From: Isha at New Harvest <is...@new-harvest.org>Subject: What is the role of biotech in an ethical food system?Date: February 28, 2023 at 10:51:31 AM PSTTo: New Harvest Test <in...@new-harvest.org>Reply-To: Isha at New Harvest <is...@new-harvest.org>
Hello New Harvest,
Do developments in cellular agriculture take ethics into account?
In this week’s episode of New Food Order, I join Food+Tech Connect’s Danielle Gould and AgFunder’s Louisa-Burword Taylor to discuss this and more alongside:
- Varun Deshpande, managing director of The Good Food Institute India
- Didier Toubia, CEO of Aleph Farms, and
- Errol Schweizer**, former VP of Grocery for Whole Foods and overall food industry leader
Together, we discuss:
- 🧬 How to define biotech and precision fermented foods
- 🧫 What questions we should be asking about cultivated meats and fermentation-based foods
- 📣 How you communicate with transparency the complexities of bio-foods to eaters
- 🔬 The need for open access scientific research in bio-foods development
- 📈 Operating models for these technologies and foods in the global south
- © The ethics of IP and corporate control of research and these technologies
- 💲 Who is investing in biotech foods - from governments to investors to multinationals
Listen Now: What is the Role of Biotech in an Ethical Food System?
Let me know what you think!
Have a great week,
Executive Director, New Harvest
is...@new-harvest.org | +1 780 236 5507
**You may recall that Errol wrote an intriguing article, What Questions Should We Be Asking About Cell-Based Meats? to which our Research Fellow Andrew Stout responded on our blog, to which Errol responded on his podcast! Talk about discourse!
Love the New Harvest newsletter? Forward it to a friend!
Love what we do? Donate Today!
February 28, 2023View this email in your browser
New Harvest is a registered 501(c)(3) public charity in the USA. Tax ID 20-1425438 Donate Today!
New Harvest Canada Inc. is a registered nonprofit corporation in Canada. Corporation No. 1234627-3
Copyright © 2023 New Harvest, All rights reserved.
You are receiving this email because you opted in via our website.
Our mailing address is:New Harvest1401 21 StSuite 4556Sacramento, CA 95811-5226
Add us to your address book
Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list.
Were you forwarded this email by a friend? Subscribe here!
Forward to a friend