The Granite State Geocachers

Chaz

Jul 7, 2007, 10:10:24 PM7/7/07
to new-hampshir...@googlegroups.com
Proposal:
I will register and maintain a web version of the "www.granitestategeocashers.com" (.info .net included) for a period of 1 year..
With my own $ and as a service to Geocachers in and around New Hampshire!
There are 2 segments that I think we need to have for a "better" web site.(not the the Google site is bad, but we need a "bigger" presence on the web to gain more popularity!)
The first is a main "information page". and then there is the discussion areas.(Forums)
The main page should feature the Groups activity's and up to date information. (New Caches, Flickr Set links to GSGC Members, etc)
The Forums are a plce where we can discuss different topics.
BUT we have to start at the beginning..
Lets get a Logo finalized. (I withdrew mine because I was starting the Podcast and its what I started using..)
I think the Geocoins would make a perfect Logo... (the old man side) but thats up to Kimba Off track
My web site (and the podcast) are NOT a refection of this group.(nor is my logo, I just happen to like it)
 I would LIKE it to be, but that is up to the individual members if they wish to listen or not. The Granite State Geocachers, on the other hand need to gain more exposure, and I am somewhat, experienced at this, through my promotion of the podcast.
This could be beneficial to ALL The Granite State Geocachers!
So, who decides the content of the site?
What "Topics" should we have on the Forums?

Mrs. Want2bemore

Jul 25, 2007, 9:26:39 AM7/25/07
to New Hampshire Geocaching
I think that we need to talk about this. I know way back, someone
offered to make one, but I don't know what happened to that. I (for
fun) made one on freewebs.com, just to see what I could do, but that
was back when the person offered. If we want to use this one for
awhile...let me know. I could update it with more info. We just need
to talk as a group about what we want for a website, whether it is
hosted on another site (like google or freewebs) or have one like Chaz
is offering.

Link: "www.freewebs.com/nhgsg"

> ↑ Grab this Headline Animator
>

> GraniteStateGeocachersRadio.1.gif
> 19KViewDownload

Bass.Chaz

Jul 28, 2007, 7:29:15 PM7/28/07
to New Hampshire Geocaching
And Its a good Idea to talk about it, but this group need exposure and
I can get that exposure through the podcast as well as all the search
engines. I want to make it EASY to FIND! (umm just like most of my
hides!)

A format that is easy to navigate, easy to remember, and interactive..

John & Susan Junkins

Jul 29, 2007, 12:13:28 AM7/29/07
to Mrs. Want2bemore, New Hampshire Geocaching
Squam Loon offered to work on it this summer, but he had commitments arise and is unable to do so.

A site with a domain name would be a big step up, rather than piggybacking on google, yahoo, freewebs, etc.  I think Chaz's offer is more than generous, and his work on the podcast would show he's got the skills needed...

gsgc...@gmail.com

Aug 5, 2007, 9:30:08 AM8/5/07
to New Hampshire Geocaching
www.granitestategeocachers.org is now online!

There are no web pages as yet, as the site is in transition from a
Linux server to a Windows server so that I may try out diffrent CMS
programs.
I DO have a Linux CMS set up on my Linux server if you want to check
it out.
REMEMBER, however, this is NOT the Granite State Geocachers dot ORG
server and all info that you put on this test site will be lost in
transition to the actual servers, once it is up and running.
go here and check out the Drupa CMS version 1.0 version of the Granite
State Geocachers Group web site.
http://gsgcradio.com/drupal/

You have to sign up to gain access and you will be sent a password
that you can change later..
REMEMBER, this is a TEMPORARY site for checking out diffrent CMS
software and the actual site will be different, but this is the
Idea...